Ruiz v Joshua 2. Revenge or Repeat?

SuperGoose75

Joshua is still a work in progress I think the loss as made him realise that pure bulk is not the be all  end all in the heavyweight division... I think h needs to fight the way he did against Parker and  keep Ruiz on the outside , wear him down and pick the big shots if an opening appears 

Edited by Jacko3275

On 04/12/2019 at 12:13, Mice! said:

I caught this last night, the actual fight highlights anyway,  how someone that big doesn't jab is beyond me,  jab jab jab jab ......... boom. It should be simple shouldn't it?

If only it was that simple lol

I get what your saying though considering the difference in height/reach ect..! But that uses up energy and if your hitting gloves it has very little impact on your opponent if you can't land clean effective punches.

It's getting closer and the anticipation is building. I still can't call it! So many questions that remain unanswered and only on Saturday night will we know.

The pressure is mostly on Joshua, that's all I can be sure of! I never rated him(Joshua) to be honest and I'd be lying if I said I knew a lot about Ruiz before the first fight. But the more I've seen of him since, he is defiently no slouch.

If Joshua loses then it sort of deflates from the big fight the world wanted to see! It has already lost some of the appeal but that could possibly change tommorrow night again.

Edited by SuperGoose75

Im sure he will be up for it alright and he has shed a lot of weight for the rematch.

Hoping he won't blow out too early I'd say is the reason for that. If he can keep Ruiz on the outside and box at range then he should be able to win rounds comfortably! But that's a tall order to keep up over a twelve round fight.

Ruiz has very fast hands but getting in range this time won't be as easy as Joshua will be very cagey and will have learned from the first fight. Intriguing fight in so many ways.

Further to my previous post, I also recall, in his last few fights Joshua appeared to be blowing out of his **** after the first couple of rounds!....I wondered at the time if this was due to the fact that he appeared muscle bound? I hope his new physique and weight loss has a positive benefit....if not I fail to see where he goes from here!

6 minutes ago, panoma1 said:

Further to my previous post, I also recall, in his last few fights Joshua appeared to be blowing out of his **** after the first couple of rounds!....I wondered at the time if this was due to the fact that he appeared muscle bound? I hope his new physique and weight loss has a positive benefit....if not I fail to see where he goes from here!

Stacking supermarket shelves I should think!:rolleyes:

When lennox lost it was to a one shot knock down, AJ was just out boxed and floored too often. 

I can see it happening again if he gets hit with a good punch, hopefully he uses a jab and doesn't get drawn into a brawl. He seems to lack stamina as someone already said. Not sure it will go beyond 8 rounds 

9 minutes ago, washerboy said:

When lennox lost it was to a one shot knock down, AJ was just out boxed and floored too often. 

I can see it happening again if he gets hit with a good punch, hopefully he uses a jab and doesn't get drawn into a brawl. He seems to lack stamina as someone already said. Not sure it will go beyond 8 rounds 

yeah, and I think Ruiz is a much better boxer than Rahman was. That was the lesson that Lewis learned and became the best jabber in the business. Joshua could perhaps do with losing some weight in order to speed up his feet 

Ruiz weighed in at 287 Ibs

Joshua weighed in at 237lbs

Make of that what you will.

You can put a few theories together for the change in weight between both fighters compared to what they weighed for  the first fight. 

Joshua in my opinion would need more than weight loss to move his feet quicker. A few large cans of WD40 might help. Lol. He is a plodder by nature and I don't see weight loss being of any benefit in that department. Could be wrong about that but it would be some improvement if he is able too and also move his head that is almost nearly always static.

He should be able to throw more punches/combos and not become fatigued as quickly,that's were I see the weight loss being benifical.

Does Ruiz by coming in heavier suggest he is gonna try and put Joshua away early? So many possibilities for this fight.

Fight scheduled to start around 8.30pm is a plus.

Edited by SuperGoose75
Spelling as per usual and poor grammar