1st time out

Steve brownell

First time out Wildfowling this weekend, sadly missed the only shot of the day on a mallard and was bloody cold ! But had a brilliant 1st time out with a couple of friends and sure to be back up there soon enough,

typically only saw 4 pink feet when all the kit was packed away and back at the car 

better luck next time I hope 

2 hours ago, motty said:

What area of the country were you in?

I’m in Norfolk bud

1 hour ago, Dave at kelton said:

Glad you enjoyed. I caught the bug in 1977 and now live with it on my doorstep. To love wildfowling you have to appreciate other things than pulling the trigger.

Still trying to learn all the birds on the shoot and no shoot lists , one of the guys I go with is clued up so a bit more practice and I will be there

15 minutes ago, captainhastings said:

Nice one Steve only  a matter of time.
Just started my self this year and can't sleep looking forward to getting up a 4
Watching the switch into dawn is the best and then  the calling birds in is an experience in its self

Yes you can really see the marsh wake up it’s amazing really. Really looking forward to next time 

10 hours ago, Steve brownell said:

I’m in Norfolk bud

Still trying to learn all the birds on the shoot and no shoot lists , one of the guys I go with is clued up so a bit more practice and I will be there

Yes you can really see the marsh wake up it’s amazing really. Really looking forward to next time 

Are you in a wild fowling club , or thinking of joining one ? , plenty of clubs in your area with plenty of people willing to help and some fantastic land to shoot over , if you are that interested in wild fowling then by joining a club will be one of the best decisions you will make .