KB1

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

6 hours ago, oowee said:

We wont need to. At the rate of change and with the development of AI we are more likely to advance to a cloud based rather than physical existence, way before then. 

I read a book called Life 3.0 a couple years back, pretty hard going at times, discussed those kind of concepts. What the author did not take into account was whether or not the rise of AI can outpace the rise of human stupidity. Difficult to say, but if PW is anything to go by ...

14 hours ago, vmaxphil said:

Atmosphere containes about 400 parts per million ( 0.04%) it has gone up from 300 parts per million, in the ice age it's recond to have been 200 parts per million, the poisonous level is about 50,000 parts per million 5% also there is evidence that a rise in co2 follows global warming not causing it as taken from ice samples.

This is what I have gleaned from Google so take it as you please 

Yep, Greta Thunberg and David Attenborough should take a breath, look at the facts and stop spreading propaganda and hearsay. I'm fully in favour of reducing pollutants of all types but there are many reasons to believe CO2 is well down the list of most likely candidates to decimate life on earth. One of the things that gets overlooked (or perhaps ignored) is that the planet has a number of ways of regulating the level of CO2, it doesn't just sit there building up in the atmosphere.

Whilst the average level of atmospheric CO2 has increased by 30% or so since 1950, it's still at an insignificant level. It's one of the trace gases which, all together, make up just 0.1% of the atmosphere. On the other hand the world's population has increased by about 4 times since 1950 and of course with a similar increase in food production. Mammals like us and our farm animals exhale more water vapour than we inhale which is much more potent as a greenhouse gas than CO2, it's also rising faster and there's about a 1000 times as much of it the atmosphere. Since we can't reduce the population - or even slow down the rate of increase - the only option is to go eyeballs out to prepare for a warmer world and stop wasting time, scientific resources and large amounts of money banging on about CO2 emissions.

In related news, Extinction Rebellion, everyone's favourite mixed-message vandals-i-mean-ecowarriors have once again proved their incompetence. Currently, they've glued themselves to the Lib Dem bus dressed as bees, campaigning against climate change. The bus is electric...

Edited by chrisjpainter

7 minutes ago, chrisjpainter said:

In related news, Extinction Rebellion, everyone's favourite mixed-message vandals-i-mean-ecowarriors have once again proved their incompetence. Currently, they've glued themselves to the Lib Dem bus dressed as bees, campaigning against climate change. The bus is electric...

Maybe their brains would work better if they tried stimulating them with things like gainful employment.

7 minutes ago, chrisjpainter said:

Is that really a surprise?

3 hours ago, chrisjpainter said:

I have been around a while now and have seen it all before, dreadlocks, painted faces, flower power, ban the bomb etc, and on their day off they used to head out into the countryside in the back of a transit van and disrupt the local fox hunt, waste of space, it’s a pity they don’t all glue them selves to a bus.   

They are anti establishment, anarchists....if it wasn’t this protest it would be another......just like the hunt saboteurs and the so called animal rights nutters!....It’s where the likes of Packham gets their powerbase! No wonder he’s gatecrashed into the extinction rebellion crowd......he’s recruiting!

1 hour ago, Newbie to this said:

hello, her i am fortunate to travel around the world !!!!!!!!!, seems her carbon footprint is not as clean as she dictates to others

1 hour ago, Newbie to this said:

hello, thankyou for that, no mention of the 100 company names ?

ies

Edited by oldypigeonpopper

I have as big a problem with her as I do with the ostrich type deniers. They brandish the word science but neglect to mention the two most important steps in the scientific method, testing and analysis, are not possible. In other words, one can’t simply listen to the science because the science is incomplete.

Governments and big companies don’t matter. It is in the interests of both sides to tell you they do but actually only individual attitudes matter. The governments need to educate, reduce income and dramatically increase consumption taxes......But they won’t because economies would shrink so in the mean time keep buying **** you don’t need but make sure it’s slightly green. It’ll be fine.

What a joke.

25 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

When she starts saying things like 'the temperature has gone up 1 degree, and people are DYING because of it !' All semblance of credibility goes out the window.

Climate change is about averages not absolutes. As averages rise spikes will go much much higher than 1deg. A rise in average temperatures by just 1.5 deg puts at risk life systems. 

Someone ought to tell Thunberg and her millions of clueless lemmings that if they are so concerned about CO2 levels etc, that they themselves are their own worst enemies……..  Back in my day we used to talk to each other.  Now its Facebook, Snapchat, Twitter, Instagram etc etc etc, ie. millions of kids around the world with phones, X-Box's, Playstations etc etc constantly on charge, constantly demanding more electricity, more fossil fuels to be burnt etc etc………   AND THEY WANT TO SAVE THE PLANET WE'VE RUINED😂😂

19 minutes ago, oowee said:

Climate change is about averages not absolutes. As averages rise spikes will go much much higher than 1deg. A rise in average temperatures by just 1.5 deg puts at risk life systems. 

Sorry no .

We have seasons, with huge differences in temperatures.
We have different regions with huge differences in temp and humidity.
We have periods of solar activity that fluctuate temperatures, natural events that alter global temps like volcanic activity.
Do these not affect these 'life systems' ?
Life adapts, Greta , bless her little troll face , says it cant , and were all gonna die because of a temperature increase nobodies felt yet.

Take yourself back to those distant days of your childhood Grant, and tell me you can feel that 0.65 degree temperature increase :whistling:

Take yourself back to junior school where you learnt about averages. The higher the average, the higher the extremes. Pakistan 2018 people died, Portugal this summer people died. Record temperatures will equal growing numbers of dead. Some geographies will be pushed over the edge of sustainability. 

Edited by oowee

14 minutes ago, oowee said:

Take yourself back to junior school where you learnt about averages. The higher the average, the higher the extremes. Pakistan 2018 people died, Portugal this summer people died. Record temperatures will equal growing numbers of dead. Some geography's will be pushed over the edge of sustainability. 

Looks like you took your own advice🥴