• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

6 hours ago, ditchman said:

fat sarah will be contacting you shortly....you lucky boy

A tipton bloke like myself , would never falter when faced with a honey monster like fat Sarah,  like any good tipton fella , I would mount the beast , and then send the pics to my mates , it's a matter of honour 😎.

11 minutes ago, Raja Clavata said:

https://metro.co.uk/2019/12/16/rail-firm-hits-greta-thunberg-picture-sitting-train-floor-11913615/

Things like this aren't going to help her cause, if it's true then a bad choice on an unnecessary photo opportunity...

And we all remember someone else who supposedly couldn't find a seat on a train, don't we?

jeremy_corbyn_on_a_train_nce2du.png

Edited by TIGHTCHOKE

All the argument about global warming is totally irrelevant, the exponontial rise in human population is the largest threat. There is only a finite amount of oil on the plant and in the grand scheme of things it will soon run dry. We can be as green as we wish but in 100 years time when the worlds population could be 8 times what it is know scares me far more than temperature rise.

30 minutes ago, TRINITY said:

All the argument about global warming is totally irrelevant, the exponontial rise in human population is the largest threat. There is only a finite amount of oil on the plant and in the grand scheme of things it will soon run dry. We can be as green as we wish but in 100 years time when the worlds population could be 8 times what it is know scares me far more than temperature rise.

we will have to wait a bit until the duke of edinburugh dies as he said ,,,,,"if he is re-incarnated he will come back as a deadly virus to thin the population out......"

just something out of interest........................

research Jerermy corbyns elder brother Richard....he is a weather scientist ...(very well qualified) and owns a forcasting company...........

read his paper on Global warming...........very very interesting.....

i like the cut of the mans jib..:good:

So they know that planting trees and other ecological measures could be used to drastically reduce CO2. Instead they promise $TRILLIONS to poorer countries (give money to poor countries to buy control... sounds familiar...), start-ups, alternative energy firms (rich getting richer, just "their" rich, not the other rich) etc in a vain attempt to appear to be doing something about the upcoming crisis.

I don't get it

Surely the UN could just come up with a number, twelvetysquillion trees would see us carbon neutral within 10 years, then work on plans to implement getting them planted. Poorer countries wit more space could be paid to plant, the richer countries could plant what they can (not stealing land a la Labour) then offset the rest?

1 hour ago, Demonic69 said:

So they know that planting trees and other ecological measures could be used to drastically reduce CO2.

That's only partly true. A tree certainly takes in CO2 to form new growth and releases the unneeded oxygen at the same time. But this only happens during the growing season. When the leaves fall they rot away and consume all the oxygen they released and release all the CO2 they consumed. The same applies to the tree's structure when it eventually dies and rots away.

Whether an annual wild flower or an oak tree, all plants are carbon neutral.

CO2 is painted as the bad guy causing the myth of the Climate Crisis, but the evidence is pretty flimsy, being purely circumstantial and largely guesswork since they can't think of anything else to blame. I seriously doubt whether the crusaders and hysterics like Greta and David or even most "Climatologists" have any true idea how minute the % of CO2 in the atmosphere really is and by how little it's changed, and I also doubt that they realise the full extent of climate variations during relatively recent history..

4 minutes ago, Westward said:

That's only partly true. A tree certainly takes in CO2 to form new growth and releases the unneeded oxygen at the same time. But this only happens during the growing season. When the leaves fall they rot away and consume all the oxygen they released and release all the CO2 they consumed. The same applies to the tree's structure when it eventually dies and rots away.

Whether an annual wild flower or an oak tree, all plants are carbon neutral.

Interesting to know, cheers!

I'm wondering how long it'll be before they tackle the most prolific of greenhouse gasses? Clouds and water vapour are by far the worst offender, they just haven't found a way to monetise them yet.

2 hours ago, Demonic69 said:

So they know that planting trees and other ecological measures could be used to drastically reduce CO2. Instead they promise $TRILLIONS to poorer countries (give money to poor countries to buy control... sounds familiar...), start-ups, alternative energy firms (rich getting richer, just "their" rich, not the other rich) etc in a vain attempt to appear to be doing something about the upcoming crisis.

I don't get it

Surely the UN could just come up with a number, twelvetysquillion trees would see us carbon neutral within 10 years, then work on plans to implement getting them planted. Poorer countries wit more space could be paid to plant, the richer countries could plant what they can (not stealing land a la Labour) then offset the rest?

youve been spending too much time with Diane Abbott you dirty dog...:lol::wub:

Read something interesting today about the rise of co2 levels to above 400 ppm in that the readings are taken in Hawaii close to an active volcano and when this guy checked his high street at rush hour with his own meter the highest reading he got was 350 ppm unfortunately I haven't had time to check it out yet 

On 17/12/2019 at 19:39, ditchman said:

just something out of interest........................

research Jerermy corbyns elder brother Richard....he is a weather scientist ...(very well qualified) and owns a forcasting company...........

read his paper on Global warming...........very very interesting.....

i like the cut of the mans jib..:good:

Do you mean Piers?

18 hours ago, Mr_Nobody said:

Do you mean Piers?

Piers is at the British end of the scientists who seriously look at the solar and extra solar effects on weather and correctly identify it is the orbits of the  earth and the Sun and it's cycles (sunspots, etc) which produce the climate on earth (and the planets which also have a role in affecting the sunspot cycle), rather than a molecule or two of CO2 which at 400ppm, if the atmosphere was compressed would form a band around the earth 40mm thick. this is then modified by various cooling events such as volcanic eruptions (of which we have been pretty sparse in the last 100 years).

Since the average ocean depth is 3700m and the atmosphere is  just an extension of the oceans (by 10m if you were to compress atmosphere to liquid)), they are quite right to dismiss atmospheric CO2 as anything less than the noise in the system and to point out the fraudulent science used to push the CO2 narrative, whether through the use of compromised temperature records, misleading graphs, hydrochloric acid added to sea water in shellfish tests instead of carbonic acid, etc etc etc

Has the climate changed, Yes, will it continue changing , Yes, should we reduce toxic pollution, Yes, should we try to minimise our impact on other species and biomes, Yes, should we try a a country to live within our resources, Yes, should we try as a planet to limit the total human population to avoid a planetary humanitarian and ecological disaster, Yes!

Temperature_Interglacials.gif

Edited by Stonepark