Breda Long recoil hotgun

roughshooter

A little bit of a cry for help from you old guys 

I picked up a nice little Breda Long recoil shotgun. It came with a 25" barrel and the long multichoke that screw on externally to the barrel.
It also came with a 28" magnum 710 barrel with the same multichoke fitting along with a separate stock and forend.
I had a bit of an issue fitting the magnum barrel as it was chunkier than the standard 70mm barrel around the chamber but took some wood off and all works superbly until I try to cycle 76mm shells as they catch on the ejection port.
 There are no issues with feed from the bottom or chambering but only on the ejection.
I am presuming that the sliding cover on the top of the action houses a slightly larger ejection port for the 3" cartridges???

Does anyone have one sitting in the cabinet that could measure the ejection port?
I really like these old Breda shotguns as they are reliable as ******* and would like to get it running at full speed with 3" loads
Thanks in anticipation
Graham

I can’t offer any advice unfortunately, but just wanted to say how pleased I am that there are people out there still using these great old guns! I owned one many moons ago and really enjoyed using it. It never let me down and I loved the external choke system and can’t really fathom why it isn’t still in use. 
Hope you get sorted. 👍

Just now, Scully said:

I can’t offer any advice unfortunately, but just wanted to say how pleased I am that there are people out there still using these great old guns! I owned one many moons ago and really enjoyed using it. It never let me down and I loved the external choke system and can’t really fathom why it isn’t still in use. 
Hope you get sorted. 👍

SNAP   !

Rough shooter,

I have one and can take some measurements. Not around until Thursday, if you can wait until then. As an aside, I actually think that the Breda looks nicer and disassembles a lot quicker than the original Browning A5 long recoil gun. Breda made and still make some very nice designs!

Andy

12 minutes ago, Steel100 said:

Rough shooter,

I have one and can take some measurements. Not around until Thursday, if you can wait until then. As an aside, I actually think that the Breda looks nicer and disassembles a lot quicker than the original Browning A5 long recoil gun. Breda made and still make some very nice designs!

Andy

Cheers Andy

there is no panic and yes I would agree 100% on the quality and ease of stripping.

regards

Graham

No probs.  I actually have most of the parts for a second gun, except barrel, bolt and action body.  The cover for that one is the same dimensions as this one. However, the barrel was a different profile from what I remember and the fore end is a little different and won't fit this gun ...

A

i think the magnum barrels are substantially beefier than the standard barrels which is why I had to remove some wood.

oh well..... I think the 3" have a bigger ejection port but the joys of loading my own cartridges means I can load them in 70mm case and have it function fine

once again thanks for your help and as an aside I think the Breda's are extremely underrated