Boiling ring, 28mb butane reg and hose

henry d

16 hours ago, sitsinhedges said:

You can buy a 1000watt electric boiling ring, not boiling plate, off Ebay for £11 with simmerstat temperature control. I just got one for making shotmaking ingots. From experience the boiling plates don't reach as high a temp as the rings.

Many thanks, however I have 2x butane cylinders that have cost me nothing, I have been successful with using an old cooking set up we used yonks ago for camping for jig heads and lead weights so this is a cheaper option, and along with several metres of lead piping my daughter had her roof done a short while ago. She asked them to keep the old flashing and any offcuts so I will be doing a major melt in the spring to use it all up and then I`m fixed for life unless I need some really heavy weights but thats unlikely and will be cheaper just buying if I do. Most of my fishing is from a kayak and usually need 2-4oz bombs or same in watch weights, I have lots of DCA break out leads in 5 oz already and just got a DCA 7oz mold and I have a jighead mold that does 20-40-60 & 80 gm jigheads.