Shotgun renewal wiltshire

vmaxphil

Letter arrived from wiltshire police yesterday inviting me to renew my certificate, so I downloaded the form ( 15 pages ) and started to fill it in, looks like a new one compared to last time as mostly tick boxes, checking the guidelines on the medical disclosur they don't require a doctor's report unless I declare a problem to be payed for by me. They say it should take on average 8 weeks mine is valid until March 2020! so we will see how that pans out.

I will keep you updated on progress as and when, hopefully this might be useful for anybody living in wiltshire as the new guidelines might be implemented 

I have just applied for mine at £49. I did the online application for a "firearm, shotgun or explosives certificate" to Hampshire Constabulary for the first time which, I thought was a great way of doing things, from taking my own photo and uploading it to the application form, referees details, medical questions, Doctor's details etc. online payment and a scanned copy of the existing SGC. All sent at the press of a button, now I am awaiting events. Watch this space.

On ‎04‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 09:20, martinj said:

I have just applied for mine at £49. I did the online application for a "firearm, shotgun or explosives certificate" to Hampshire Constabulary for the first time which, I thought was a great way of doing things, from taking my own photo and uploading it to the application form, referees details, medical questions, Doctor's details etc. online payment and a scanned copy of the existing SGC. All sent at the press of a button, now I am awaiting events. Watch this space.

Just done mine with Hampshire on line.  I didn't see anywhere were they wanted a scanned copy of my SGC though...  They say 6 weeks to get it back.

On ‎06‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 13:48, MrM said:

Just done mine with Hampshire on line.  I didn't see anywhere were they wanted a scanned copy of my SGC though...  They say 6 weeks to get it back.

7 Days later it dropped on the mat - :) "amazement icon"

I had imagined delays, problems, extortion from the Doctor, the spending of £££££s but no, it landed on the mat after 7 days with no fuss, I did receive a query by email about my cabinets to which I responded by email. It was so much better than snail mail.

The request for a scanned copy wasn't on the application form, it was somewhere else, I even got a reminder in the receipt email to be sure I scanned all sheets which I did and sent separately. Don't worry, they can request it by email if they really want it

The new certificate is half the size of the older A4 certificates.

There was an accompanying letter recommending that I keep fired cartridges from all barrels in all guns (bagged and labelled and kept separately from the guns) so that, in case of theft, the gun may be identified from the firing pin imprints. We have finally caught up with Perry Mason! (kids - Perry Mason was a TV detective when the world was in black and white)

7 minutes ago, martinj said:

7 Days later it dropped on the mat -  "amazement icon"

I had imagined delays, problems, extortion from the Doctor, the spending of £££££s but no, it landed on the mat after 7 days with no fuss, I did receive a query by email about my cabinets to which I responded by email. It was so much better than snail mail.

The request for a scanned copy wasn't on the application form, it was somewhere else, I even got a reminder in the receipt email to be sure I scanned all sheets which I did and sent separately. Don't worry, they can request it by email if they really want it

There was an accompanying letter recommending that I keep fired cartridges from all barrels in all guns (bagged and labelled and kept separately from the guns) so that, in case of theft, the gun may be identified from the firing pin imprints. We have finally caught up with Perry Mason! (kids - Perry Mason was a TV detective when the world was in black and white)

Gordon Bennett!:rolleyes:

18 hours ago, martinj said:

2 hours ago, vmaxphil said:

Do they think we only shoot a couple of boxes in 5 years then 

I think it means a couple from each/all barrels. Not ALL fired cartridges.

• 1 month later...

Had a phone call from the firearms department today, i thought it was about arranging a visit but no apparently I sent an old photo so I looked younger than the one on record they wanted to know if it was ok to use the one on record for the certificate, so 3 weeks till renewal and no visit yet 

• 2 weeks later...

Sunday at 3.30 in the afternoon I had a phone call from a police sargeant asking if it was ok to come round and check my security and issue my certificate, so at 4.45 a armed response 4x4 turned up ( that will get the neighbour's talking) with two very nice guys in, the sargeant did a cursory check on the cabinet and wrote down the details of my guns while chatting, the paperwork he had was for a transfer and was a bit confused as he thought I was from another division until he saw my old certificate, still he handed me the new one and they were gone within 20 minutes. all in all it took about 10 weeks to issue, it seems that the firearms department is extremely busy which explains why the ordinary plods were doing the checks,

Now my certificate has been issued i can start to thin down the collection and get a couple on gun watch.

Forgotten to mention no hint of doctors letter 

Edited by vmaxphil

On 11/12/2019 at 15:38, martinj said:

hello, i remember Perry ???

10 minutes ago, martinj said:

There can't be many of us left

hello,  you maybe right, been watching a few oldies, i just like to see how things were back in time, the new Endeavour Morse in the 1970s how do they find those cars and other items ? my dad had a WOLSEY 444 i can even remember the reg 41 BMK, yet go shopping now and forget what i want ???