ParcelFARCE

steve_b_wales

I ordered an item from A1 Decoy and it was dispatched immediately by Parcelforce Express 24. I was at home all day Saturday and lo and behold, someone had 'tried to deliver it'. No card left etc. I contacted Parcelforce Monday, and was told, 'yes it's been transferred to another van and will be with me that day. Nothing arrived, so yesterday, I contacted them again and was told, 'its out for delivery and I should receive it'. Again, nothing came and my wife stayed in all day waiting. I phoned them again this morning, and was fobbed off with excuses such as 'Black Friday' etc. I have now contacted A1 Decoy and explained what's happening - or not! They are not getting the service they have paid for, and they are now going to email PF to complain.

I had exactly the same thing when I orderes my hide and poles from A1, was meant to turn up on a Monday I believe it was and I didn't get it till the Thursday. 

Constant 'failed deliveries' even though going by the tracker app the van was less than 10 minutes from my house at one point. 

It put me off using the service again big time. 

Edited by Farmboy91

I had the same trouble last week with an item from a1 decoys, my parcel was due on thursday on the tracking order but didnt arrive and was tolled by pf it will arrive on friday but didnt arrive, i finally recived it on monday, the delivery driver tolled me they were over run with deliverys in the newport dopot and would not take on extra drivers because of cost, i also emailed a1 and complained about the service 

Yup again i ordered the magnet kit (forgot the pw discount 😣

Anyway cut a long story short, they apparently tried delivering 3 times, i was phoning them to recieve lie after lie and at one point even got hung up on. And im not an aggressive caller... 

2 weeks later, i had to pay for redelivery to a new address as they wouldnt leave it at my local post office and took it to pooles depo some 40 mile away. *******. I detest using them

I ordered a scope from Europe, choices were parcel force express or UPS. I chose UPS hoping for better.

SteveB I'd be fuming with A1 wasted days waiting in and you chasing the courier. Should be you ringing A1 and them chasing their couriers. Not good enough service by either company.

I have watched couriers pull on the drive get out with card filled in for letterbox. As it's put through I ran out and challenged them. Said nothing I can do cards in now. I said you never even knocked. Do you want to watch the CCTV I'll be showing your company. Soon got my parcel.

Royal mail and my postman are great, if not in my postie will put a scribble for me and leave it as agreed.

Edited by figgy

So sorry about the issue you are having steve_b_wales. We have contacted Parcel Force and are doing our best to kick them up the butt and make sure its delivered ASAP.

We send all our orders before 1pm out same day, on a 24 hour service either with Parcel Force or on Royal Mail next day, so apologies to all of the above members who have previously had problems. 

We will bring this up with the courier about previous issues as well. We do know suddenly in the last week a lot of deliveries were delayed with them, and Royal Mail. Our post lady said the Black Friday did delay some post as they had such a back log, worse than Christmas apparently.

Apologies again, we'll keep chasing it our side. If we keep getting these issues we'll look into different couriers, we know how frustrating it is when a parcel isn't delivered when it should be! 

A1

Edited by A1Decoy

On 04/12/2019 at 16:04, A1Decoy said:

So sorry about the issue you are having steve_b_wales. We have contacted Parcel Force and are doing our best to kick them up the butt and make sure its delivered ASAP.

We send all our orders before 1pm out same day, on a 24 hour service either with Parcel Force or on Royal Mail next day, so apologies to all of the above members who have previously had problems. 

We will bring this up with the courier about previous issues as well. We do know suddenly in the last week a lot of deliveries were delayed with them, and Royal Mail. Our post lady said the Black Friday did delay some post as they had such a back log, worse than Christmas apparently.

Apologies again, we'll keep chasing it our side. If we keep getting these issues we'll look into different couriers, we know how frustrating it is when a parcel isn't delivered when it should be! 

A1

Thank You. As I mentioned to you during our telephone conversation, I'm not blaming you one bit, but just wanted to let you know that the service you are paying for (24hr Express) is not being fullfilled by PF.

I have finally received it!!!!!!!!!!

It wouldn't surprise me if the drivers had to make a specific number of deliveries per day, with the number based on ideal circumstances. So when they are delayed at all it means they're struggling to meet their target. And because they have to account for every parcel, if there's not a box to tick that's labelled 'no time to deliver', they do the next best thing and tick the box 'tried to deliver'.

That would account for the ones arriving with ready filled out cards. They've just time enough to stick cards through a few letterboxes but not enough to hang around and find someone to take possession of the item and sign.

7 hours ago, bruno22rf said:

Could have been far worse - they could have used My Herpes.

Don't swear.

I'm waiting for an order from them at the moment that was posted on the 2nd and `due` on the 5th (yesterday). Tracking only updated yesterday to say that it had even been received by them. Fortunately, it's nothing urgent.

I find Yodel not much better.

For me, DPD are very good and Parcelforce aren't as good as they used to be.

I also had 4 Amazon orders (Prime next day) delayed, basically because the drivers had too many deliveries and couldn't get them out in time. 

It's that time of year. Sadly, `next day` doesn't mean that.