LCYL Choke πŸ™„

Centrepin

Sorry in advance for another choke thread, please don't roll your eyes and move on.

Simple question, search failed to answer.

What's LCYL in English size ?

Just bought a Miroku MK38 Sporter 32" barrels, comes with 4 extended chokes and 2 flush. All pictured below. I just want to fit 2, and live with them.

Thanks in advanceπŸ‘

Β 

20191204_102933.jpg

20191204_102956.jpg

20191204_103128.jpg

2 hours ago, Centrepin said:

Thanks, search pulled up MOD is 1/2, IMP.MOD is 3/4, then English to American 1/4 is IMP.CYL, finally 1/2 is MOD. SK is skeet either language.

You're okay with the above chart you found up to Mod/1/2 choke, but whereas the traditional 3/4 choke is .030" constriction you'll find with some makes that chokes marked IM will be .025" and Full will be .030" whereas UK designation for Full is normally .040".

I can't be fussed with twiddling chokes so on my multi choke guns I just shove 2 x 3/8 chokes in and go shooting.

Your diagram shows β€˜small but useable’ up to about eight yards with the cylinder choke. Just you try shooting something at eight yards with a true cylinder. You will vaporise it! The stupid diagram also shows cylinder as only being useable up to twenty yards. Utter piffle! A true cylinder 12 bore is a useable choke up to approx 40 yards. I use one regularly for everything from snipe to geese.

WhatΒ Westward said, Β stop fretting about choke and go shooting. There is more **** talked about chokes than there is about fishing.

Edited by London Best

Best GUESS is it's Improved Cylinder. Trust your finger although the old white candles were better and see if it falls between Skeet and 1/4. Probably a mis-stamp if you find that it does. As ever, it pays to pattern the gun but my starter for ten would be to complement that one with the Teague 1/2 and go shoot.

😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊

Please totally disregard this thread, I've now found it's my eye sight! But to be fair it looks like an LΒ It's an I. Therefore its Improved Cyl.

Not worried about changing them, I use fixed choke half and full in the side by side, 1/4, 1/4 in my sons Miroku and I'm putting in SK and LCYL (I.CYL). Other than cleaning them, there they stay until I'm good enough to be earning a living from shooting, ie, never😁

Β 

20191204_131746.jpg

Thanks for all the replies, I'd just never heard of LCYLΒ  and wondered what it was.

Now, I'll go hideπŸ™„

Edited by Centrepin
Addition

38 minutes ago, Centrepin said:

😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊

Please totally disregard this thread, I've now found it's my eye sight! But to be fair it looks like an LΒ It's an I. Therefore its Improved Cyl.

Not worried about changing them, I use fixed choke half and full in the side by side, 1/4, 1/4 in my sons Miroku and I'm putting in SK and LCYL (I.CYL). Other than cleaning them, there they stay until I'm good enough to be earning a living from shooting, ie, never😁

Β 

20191204_131746.jpg

Thanks for all the replies, I'd just never heard of LCYLΒ  and wondered what it was.

Now, I'll go hideπŸ™„

Now we know why you are missing the targets!:rolleyes:

2 hours ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Now we know why you are missing the targets!:rolleyes:

You mean there are targets, I thought you shot into the air and shouted "No bird" like everyone else.😁

2 hours ago, Westward said:

Glad it's resolved but ICYL an unusual way of putting something that's more typically presented as IC.

It's in the first picture, I honestly think it looks like LCYL

I'll get it on Ebay and add the words Rare in the title, about 199.99 starting bid and a bin price of 500 if it's so collectable.

I could use the money to buy a hand stamping kit and make some more rare, valuable and collectable items.

What a buisness opportunity, I'll be a millionaire this time next yearπŸ€”πŸ™„πŸ˜

Edited by Centrepin
Auto correct spells wrong