Audi Q5 opinions please

elgreco

Hi my partner is after an Audi Q5 as a replacement car. Are there any of the Pigeon Watch community who have experience, good or bad of this particular beast? Looking at the 2.0tdi preferably and any help/advise appreciated.

Thanks 

Tom

Edited by elgreco
Spelling corrections

Boss has one as a company car , petrol-version , nice car , nice to drive wouldn’t be my cup of tea as an suv or even soft off reader , interior for me is very unlike Audi , plasticky doesn’t have that luxury feel to it considering cost , think it’s a bit of a marmite model , love it or hate it 

I’ve got the 2013 model with the v6 Diesel engine. The cabin is a nice place to be, I feel it’s better than the newer version, the newer Q5 feels cheap inside. 
it’s not cheap to run if you go main dealer for work I.e £250 for front brake pads fitted! The autogearbox can be a little Delicate on some, but not had trouble with mine, yet! The car isn’t that big inside, if you’re much over 6foot it can feel a bit cramped in the front. 

I’m on my second diesel SQ5 (3 years a piece) and rate it as ‘the’ do all car.

I’ve thrashed both like the proverbial ginger step child and neither has missed a beat.

I’d get another tomorrow but they don’t make the diesel one any more.

Indeed, I’m due for a change next March and I’ve no idea what to get although I’ve seen some SQ7’s on super low offers. If Boris gets in there’s an M5 Competition itch that needs a scratch but if Corbyn gets in I’ll be looking at a Prius, which will be handy for the second job I’ll be needing.

8 minutes ago, Mungler said:

I’m on my second diesel SQ5 (3 years a piece) and rate it as ‘the’ do all car.

I’ve thrashed both like the proverbial ginger step child and neither has missed a beat.

I’d get another tomorrow but they don’t make the diesel one any more.

Indeed, I’m due for a change next March and I’ve no idea what to get although I’ve seen some SQ7’s on super low offers. If Boris gets in there’s an M5 Competition itch that needs a scratch but if Corbyn gets in I’ll be looking at a Prius, which will be handy for the second job I’ll be needing.

X3 M Competition!

https://www.john-clark.co.uk/bmw/new-car-offers/x3-m-competition/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIjsuFp_qc5gIVyrTtCh09ZQ8WEAAYAyAAEgLh_vD_BwE