Advice needed

gemini52

A friend of mine has just recieved his first shotgun certificate,a month or so ago i was with him at a dealers looking at guns,he quite fancied a berretta over and under,but the downside he was waiting for the certificate to arrive,the guy who owned the shop let him handle the gun to see if it fitted him ok,its a nice gun and a fair price so he paid for it and the shop agreed to hold it till the happy day arrives and the cert drops through the letter box,this is were things went a belly up the guy whose shoot we go to on a sunday who by the way is a rfd said he would pick the gun up for him,keep it till his ticket came through and he could use the gun as long as he is supervised,the day the cert came he went along to the shop he bought the gun off to have it entererd on the cert,the up shot is the shop said you had the picked up by an other rfd so get him to register the gun,now the both of them are saying its not there responsibility,so i ask the question who is responsible,the poor guy has a gun he cant take home i feel bad because i encouraged to buy the gun,any feed back would be appreciated as long as its positive.

5 minutes ago, spurs 14 said:

Good point , you would think they would be fighting over getting a new customer , accessories , cartridges etc don’t really understand why the second guy doesn’t just do the paperwork ? For me he was the last one to deal with it ? 

The second guy does not have a shop he operates from home,but the shop he bought the gun from yes i agree hes a future customer will be going back to the shop at the weekend to see if we can work somrthing out.

1 minute ago, gemini52 said:

The guy who owns the shoot has the gun , just spoke to another mate he will pick the gun up sat and come with me to try and sort it,prob have to wave some cash under the noses,

So the bloke who owns the shoot has collected the gun (he is a RFD), it does not belong to him, and he is refusing to hand it over to your mate(who it does belong to) ?

And the gun shop where he bought the gun from, handed it over to the shoot owner ... did they sign it over to him? If not then the gun is still on the original gun shops books? 

2 minutes ago, gemini52 said:

The guy who owns the shoot has the gun , just spoke to another mate he will pick the gun up sat and come with me to try and sort it,prob have to wave some cash under the noses,

Did the original RFD sign it over to the RFD that is in possession now? 

Who does the police think is in possession of the gun?

Surley both RFDs have informed the police of the transfer.

1 hour ago, gemini52 said:

A friend of mine has just recieved his first shotgun certificate,a month or so ago i was with him at a dealers looking at guns,he quite fancied a berretta over and under,but the downside he was waiting for the certificate to arrive,the guy who owned the shop let him handle the gun to see if it fitted him ok,its a nice gun and a fair price so he paid for it and the shop agreed to hold it till the happy day arrives and the cert drops through the letter box,this is were things went a belly up the guy whose shoot we go to on a sunday who by the way is a rfd said he would pick the gun up for him,keep it till his ticket came through and he could use the gun as long as he is supervised,the day the cert came he went along to the shop he bought the gun off to have it entererd on the cert,the up shot is the shop said you had the picked up by an other rfd so get him to register the gun,now the both of them are saying its not there responsibility,so i ask the question who is responsible,the poor guy has a gun he cant take home i feel bad because i encouraged to buy the gun,any feed back would be appreciated as long as its positive.

If your friend paid in full for the beretta shotgun then the original RFD has sold a shotgun to a person who did not have a shotgun certificate which is again the firearms act, for this reason I was told that is why my RFD only ever takes a deposit, but not full payment under such circumstances.

i can understand why the second rfd may not want to record the “sale” on to the certificate as they may become liable under the sales of goods act for any repairs or replacement,

but as said it all depends under what circumstances the original rfd has passed the shotgun on to the 2nd rfd ie sold, give, transferred.

If it becomes a problem a phone call to your FEO should quickly sort the problem.

20 hours ago, Lloyd90 said:

So the bloke who owns the shoot has collected the gun (he is a RFD), it does not belong to him, and he is refusing to hand it over to your mate(who it does belong to) ?

And the gun shop where he bought the gun from, handed it over to the shoot owner ... did they sign it over to him? If not then the gun is still on the original gun shops books? 

what i thought.

Legally the seller or the shop that took the money is supposed to enter it on his SGC, but we all know it’s often the RFD who hands over the gun. 
Now some forces will point out it not strictly legal to sell (take money) for a gun off an non license holder as well.  

not sure why both are being difficult they’ve already do most of the paperwork! 

The rfd (or person) that sold  the gun should fill in the paper work, but I can't see that they should have transferred it to anyone else before they had filled in the paper work. looking at it from their point of view the rfd could have done any thing to the gun and they would be liable for repairs.