Staffordshire

Joebrock

• 1 month later...

A bit late to this but Milride has the advantage that you can use it 7 days a week roughly light to dark, and I also find a a complete lack of snobbery whether your using a £20 single shot or £50,000 gun everyone is friendly. When I first started with the wife within the first month I had tried various very expensive guns, muskets ,muzzle loading shotguns and a blunderbuss, .410s 20 gauge , side by sides semi autos, Plus I had plenty of input from other users. The owner is a very attractive young lady who is an excellent shot there's a cafe, fishing lakes and an area for airguns plus compact in the summer. plus a gun/fishing shop. I'm only a user of Milride but other than that have no connection to it.

PS  Because of the wide spreed of hours you rarely get the situation where you have to wait for a stand for long or have people breathing down you neck waiting  behind you  which really turned me and the Mrs off when we first started and tried a couple of other local clubs one was trying to get 300+ people through all the stands in about 2 hours. They have skeet, sporting and DTL.

Edited by BADGER.BRAD

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

Only recently into clay shooting and recently moved to Stone. Been having some lessons and now got my license - off to purchase a gun tomorrow.

I will normally be shooting on a weekday, are there any grounds in Staffordshire which have the delayed release for clays so that you can shoot on your own? If not, any tips for someone shooting on their own?

Thanks in advance.

Martin

55 minutes ago, MartinStone said:

Hi,

Only recently into clay shooting and recently moved to Stone. Been having some lessons and now got my license - off to purchase a gun tomorrow.

I will normally be shooting on a weekday, are there any grounds in Staffordshire which have the delayed release for clays so that you can shoot on your own? If not, any tips for someone shooting on their own?

Thanks in advance.

Martin

Hi,

If you’re in Stone there are two local grounds that have delay, self buttoning traps.....Doveridge and Oakedge, both open in the week. 

• 3 weeks later...