Cylinder

ladyjack

If on your gun , the barrel is connected or even just touching the air tube .Then any bipod or support on it will most likey push up into the barrel ,deflecting it upwards .and as the breech block and scope are fixed at the rear they dont move , so you will experience a point of impact shift.

Guns which have totally floating barrels only connected at the breech are much better as u can put any support u like on the air tube .the solution is to attach your bipod to the stock but not too far forward as on a long wooden stock this too can flex pushing up into the airtube and on into the barrel .

If you do fix a bipod to the guns airtube then presuming u zero off the bipod thats fine but you will have to take EVERY shot off the pod to hit what you aim at.

Again free floating barrels get round this .and is why i prefer bsa guns to air arms ones  .

Stu 

13 hours ago, ladyjack said:

Great  thanks alot mate,theres a member on here makes clamps  to fit cylinder and bipod,not sure of price but will let you know, and I'll put photo on for you to see,this is why I needed exact measure, cheers dave 

Have a think about what Stu says above,  you might be better off having sling studs put on and connecting a bipod from there.

8 hours ago, Ultrastu said:

If on your gun , the barrel is connected or even just touching the air tube .Then any bipod or support on it will most likey push up into the barrel ,deflecting it upwards .and as the breech block and scope are fixed at the rear they dont move , so you will experience a point of impact shift.

Guns which have totally floating barrels only connected at the breech are much better as u can put any support u like on the air tube .the solution is to attach your bipod to the stock but not too far forward as on a long wooden stock this too can flex pushing up into the airtube and on into the barrel .

If you do fix a bipod to the guns airtube then presuming u zero off the bipod thats fine but you will have to take EVERY shot off the pod to hit what you aim at.

Again free floating barrels get round this .and is why i prefer bsa guns to air arms ones  .

Stu 

Thanks for that info stu,my rifle is  a fx2000, so maybe I'll have to give clamp a miss 

19 hours ago, Mice! said:

Got in touch with a couple of  members on above site they say as long as clamp is not touching  barrel then should be ok,maybe I'll go with studs,I'll ask next time I am in Weldon gunrooms,cheers