Lanber ejector issue...

Plink all day

My Lanber has suddenly stopped ejecting the bottom barrel, the gun fires fine and resets to the other barrel etc no issue but will only eject the top cartridge. Have tried taking the forend off, removing and cleaning the ejectors, firing either barrel first etc...anything else I can try before taking it to a real gunsmith?? 😛 It otherwise functions fine and so for the little the gun cost me it probably wouldn’t be worth the cost of a smiths time!

5 minutes ago, Plink all day said:

My Lanber has suddenly stopped ejecting the bottom barrel, the gun fires fine and resets to the other barrel etc no issue but will only eject the top cartridge. Have tried taking the forend off, removing and cleaning the ejectors, firing either barrel first etc...anything else I can try before taking it to a real gunsmith?? 😛 It otherwise functions fine and so for the little the gun cost me it probably wouldn’t be worth the cost of a smiths time!

hello, there a post on here if you do a search, could be the cartridge

1 hour ago, Plink all day said:

There is one for sale on here for £100 might be worth getting just for spares 

You could try cleaning/checking the action.

Take the stock off, (remove butt pad screws, shine a light down the hole to see what sort of bolt holds it on, remove bolt and carefully remove stock) blast the action out with GT85 or similar, clean any muck out you can see before regreasing & reassembling (being careful not to overtighten the stock bolt and aligning the head of the stock in the cutouts at rear of the action).  Nothing to lose by trying this.  

How old is the gun ?Dose the extractor stay in the unfired position when the gun is opened or is it always in the ejected position? If elderly it could be wear in any one of several places .OK cleaning might , thats might help , but I suspect wear or broken cocking rod springs or several other things that may not be immediately obvious to the untrained eye .

18 hours ago, Gunman said:

How old is the gun ?Dose the extractor stay in the unfired position when the gun is opened or is it always in the ejected position? If elderly it could be wear in any one of several places .OK cleaning might , thats might help , but I suspect wear or broken cocking rod springs or several other things that may not be immediately obvious to the untrained eye .

Yep it stays in the unfired position...the rod that passes through the bottom of the action to engage the forend is set back into the action compared to the working side but that’s all I’ve been able to see that’s amiss. It’s an ancient gun I think, it’s otherwise working fine though so will probably just live with it being a non-ejector 😛

Edited by Plink all day