Election flyers (Strange)

ditchman

have put this as a seperate topic as it will dissapear into the other running topics......so this one will die a death very quickly...........

question...........

Have any of you recieved any election flyers yet................we are one week away from the most important election since the 2nd world war and we in Cantley have not recieved one single flyer or visit from any party.............

have recieved flyers from the local curry house and window cleaners............but nothing else....so it looks like i will proberly vote for the window cleaner.......

is this by design or mistake ???

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, twenty said:

Yeah I have, Cons,Lab,Lib Dems and the Greens.

All safely in the bin now, with the other rubbish.

and SNP, no conspiracy as it is Norfolk they know the chance of getting one in a household that can read is close to zero, thats why the takeaway leaflets have pictures so you can point to what you want :D

9 minutes ago, henry d said:

and SNP, no conspiracy as it is Norfolk they know the chance of getting one in a household that can read is close to zero, thats why the takeaway leaflets have pictures so you can point to what you want

cruel swine..:lol:...we are quite an important seat here as the con MP is retiring...and there has been some squit on choosing a sucessor.....without going on the internet i havnt a clue what is happening...who the candidates are........and all the folk around me dont do the internet...........

13 minutes ago, sam triple said:

had ,tory ,labour , liberal undemocratic fliers but not one visit from one touting for their vote that must be a thing of the past

No they still do it, just through the day when your in work, plus it's dark out a 4pm wet and miserable and their scared of hoodies

Not had any candidates at the door, only the fliers through the post.

And there is someone at home all day,

I think the parties know how you are likely to vote, I have had 'chats' with various parties over the years, so they now know  whether its worth a visit or not.

Edited by twenty

Had flyers, addressed  letters, loads of em. The Tories called, was hoping Labour or the Lib Dems would so I could tell ‘em what I think of them. Labour won by 30 votes last time, I think that’s behind all the flyers, unfortunately, none of the Labour ones had Corbyn’s face on. I wanted to draw a Hitler tache on and stick it on the door.

The irony is the green party sent me something that has cost resources and will cost more resource to dispose of as it is in colour and varnished. 

I understand it is the law that political parties are allowed to send you at least one piece of **** without any comeback, a serious abuse of my electronic data in my view and why should political parties be allowed to ignore a persons right to privacy? 

iv'e only had one  it's from the labour candidate Toby piggy Perkins !which as come in handy as an aid to training my new pup ,when he gets a bit boisterous I slap it on the table or worktop and show him the photo of Piggy and he goes into his bed ! but things are taking a turn around he's started growling and barking at the photo !  so if  Mr Perkings  is canvasing at the polling station whilst i'm walking the dog I fear for the philandering MPs nether regions ! hope the LDP send a flyer🐶.

We've had 2, both from the same candidate ( labour) , one yesterday and the other today. 

Oddly, it's actually someone I went to school with, nice bloke back then. 

The second school friend to become a politician ( that I know of). Unfortunately the first jumped Infront of a train due to bullying over his sexual preferences from fellow peers in his party. 

1 hour ago, Mighty Ruler said:

Had flyers, addressed  letters, loads of em. The Tories called, was hoping Labour or the Lib Dems would so I could tell ‘em what I think of them. Labour won by 30 votes last time, I think that’s behind all the flyers, unfortunately, none of the Labour ones had Corbyn’s face on. I wanted to draw a Hitler tache on and stick it on the door.

What area? It's the close ones that make it interesting. 

I live in one of the safest Labour seats going.

My partner, who recently became a British Citizen, has had personally addressed fliers from Lib Dems and Labour, with the Con candidate doing the slightly more prudent thing of putting both our names on his flier.  Un-addressed fliers from the 'Animal Welfare Party' and the greens have turned up.

I'm currently working from home and haven't had anyone knocking on the door.  Is the mud-spattered truck in my drive putting people off?

Had the only one come today , labour , a sensible looking woman ! I’m wishing they would knock on door as I’d love to hear the reason why they are  supporting the two clowns in charge of labour !!!! , I really cannot understand how anyone can stand and support corbyn ? He is a danger to this country