Election flyers (Strange)

ditchman

4 hours ago, ditchman said:

ooohhh personal service.....................just checked the letter box.........still nothing...just the usual post

Wifey had one addressed to her and I received on the same day, one by the Conservatives addressed to me 🙂

Place I’m ‘doin up’ have received flyers through the door from Lab/Conservatives

One was like a slagging poster and the other pointed out achievements and wishes- guess which one was which 

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, ditchman said:

have put this as a seperate topic as it will dissapear into the other running topics......so this one will die a death very quickly...........

question...........

Have any of you recieved any election flyers yet................we are one week away from the most important election since the 2nd world war and we in Cantley have not recieved one single flyer or visit from any party.............

have recieved flyers from the local curry house and window cleaners............but nothing else....so it looks like i will proberly vote for the window cleaner.......

is this by design or mistake

We haven't received any yet in our new abode  , mind you the village we just moved from was a bit more cut off from civilization than the one we are now in , and I was told by the people in the know that the last election flyer we got on the island was for Winston Churchill :hmm:

Had lib/lab/con leaflets here in mid Norfolk, usual garbage which were cut up and returned to the respective party central office in an unstamped envelope. Safe tory seat, always has been. Luckily for us, there is an independent candidate to protest vote for. None of the establishment shower will ever get my vote again. 

I am in a marginal constituency Lib/cons.

Must have had 20 fliers, including personal letters (even one from Boris), 2 phone calls from Libs, 2 canvassers. The libdems hand deliver a weekly newsletter (had 3 or 4),  2 or 3 fliers from lab and greens. A personal letter from a ex local headmaster recommending we vote for Tim Farron and oddly my wife had an email from Conservative treasurer asking for donations to campaign fund. Cheeky beggars!

I will be glad when it’s all over.

Had lots of em! Binned em, didn’t even bother reading them as they’re all self publicity, lies, propaganda and promises they will break at the drop of a hat......and I’ve already decided where my vote will go.....I don’t particularly like it but it’s the best worst option for me!

4 hours ago, Jaymo said:

Wifey had one addressed to her and I received on the same day, one by the Conservatives addressed to me 🙂

Place I’m ‘doin up’ have received flyers through the door from Lab/Conservatives

One was like a slagging poster and the other pointed out achievements and wishes- guess which one was which 

I'm quite sure Labour will have been pointing out their achievements 🤣🤣🤣

it seems a very targeted approach...........i wonder where they get the imfomation / facts from..........

when you go to vote     they tick your name off ...give you a paper with a code number on it.they keep the stub...then you vote...................nowwwww.....they say all the papers are destroyed after the count....................but "they" could have a wizz at them and back calculate who voted for what....................i mentioned this fact to the officer and he and she looked increduously at me and emphatically said ...""ooohhh we wouldnt do that sir""

yeah i rekon..

Edited by ditchman

22 minutes ago, Mice! said:

I'm quite sure Labour will have been pointing out their achievements 🤣🤣🤣

Most def the opposite- nhs this that and other along with name calling of the Conservatives.

Before my current career, I worked for the NHS so that carp don’t wash with me...

1 hour ago, ditchman said:

several folk in acle in big expensive detatched houses have "vote labour" signs outside.....cant understand that...

How big are the signs? In Ulverston this week two house had signs/ billboards outside vote Labour, they must have been 4ft by 8ft minimum 

I have had flyers from

• Tory (present MP), individually addressed
  • Lib Dem, individually addressed
  • Labour (unaddressed)

I thought I had something from the Greens, but maybe it has prematurely composted itself?

Edit: The Greens flyer arrived today (6th Dec)

Edited by JohnfromUK

11 hours ago, panoma1 said:

Had lots of em! Binned em, didn’t even bother reading them as they’re all self publicity, lies, propaganda and promises they will break at the drop of a hat......and I’ve already decided where my vote will go.....I don’t particularly like it but it’s the best worst option for me!

A means to an end, hopefully.

One from Labour and Conservatives and one independent but a slack handful from one other Independent. It's going to be interesting here in Honiton/East devon as the existing Con' MP is not standing again. I have a feeling that he knows what's coming and did not want to be the first Con' ever to lose this seat. The "one other" Ind' has the whole area covered with posters and is really going for it and she gave the Con' a run for his money last time out. Not for me though, Remain and an anti.

11 hours ago, Jaymo said:

Most def the opposite- nhs this that and other along with name calling of the Conservatives.

Before my current career, I worked for the NHS so that carp don’t wash with me...

They are still banging on about the NHS because they don't have anything else to say, well, nothing that isn't ridiculously over budget

just checked the letter box.................still nothing...got my poll cards weeks ago so they know im here........this is really strange....less than a week to go...........knowing norfolk all the flyers will proberly arrive after the event ..:lol:

I've had 

One from conservatives - addressed personally 

One from Labour - addressed personally 

One from an independent - no address.

The Conservative and Labour (For the shirkers, not the workers) ones went in the bin without reading.

The independent one I started to read and found quite amusing and worrying all at once, according to his flyer only voting for him would deliver Brexit. That was as far as I got, as I thought if he truly believes this then he is by far the worst option, as he has zero understanding of politics. It swiftly went in the bin.

Very worrying times we live in if these are the best the country has to offer!

Edited by Newbie to this