Election flyers (Strange)

ditchman

10 hours ago, ditchman said:

several folk in acle in big expensive detatched houses have "vote labour" signs outside.....cant understand that...

Simples - Either they are  1   high placed/payed, government employees/pensioners, labour party officials, or union officials

2    Turkeys voting for Xmas

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've got up today too a pile of leaflets,  another two from the new Torie candidate for me and the wife.

One from Labour not actually moaning that much, but I would say south ribble has been doing well under the tories so they've rained it in.

A stand up for trees leaflet from the Woodland trust.

And a worrying one, basically a hand written rant against the Tories,  looks photo copied and is hard to read.

20191206_111642_resize_30.jpg.e14032b762a8f903a69b5f04652ea1a5.jpg

I've deliberately blocked out most of it, I'm not giving it the publicity it wants

Edited by Mice!

2 hours ago, Mice! said:

I've got up today too a pile of leaflets,  another two from the new Torie candidate for me and the wife.

One from Labour not actually moaning that much, but I would say south ribble has been doing well under the tories so they've rained it in.

A stand up for trees leaflet from the Woodland trust.

And a worrying one, basically a hand written rant against the Tories,  looks photo copied and is hard to read.

20191206_111642_resize_30.jpg.e14032b762a8f903a69b5f04652ea1a5.jpg

I've deliberately blocked out most of it, I'm not giving it the publicity it wants

Post some flyers up around the area, asking for the spineless coward who wrote the anonymous note posted through your door to contact you to discuss their baseless accusations!

well I've had one from labour, and  3 from the cons they were asking me to pay money into there war chest to help them fight labour 

had a few from other ones didn't read just straight into the bin ...

To cap it all couple of days ago received an e-mail from the Cons asking why i had not contributed to there war chest.....cheeky **** cannot repeat the answer i sent then as would get banned...not had anyone knocking on the door yet would like them to...

Kdubya who used to be on here before he got banned is door knocking in hartlepool for the Brexit party..he.s that peed of with the present lot....

I got 2 more in this afternoons post!

one from the greens with a beaming selfie picture of Nicola Day, their candidate for North West Cambridgeshire!

1mQkJd8e_400x400.jpg

The other one was from the Labour party, shamefully their chosen proof reader must have had the day off when the pamphlet should have been checked! Cathy Cordiner-Achenbach (Yes-Really) . She makes much of her party's plans to spend an awful lot of money on an awful lot of good things. If she ever knocks my door I will be asking her to explain just how it will be payed for?

Rv3_t_DR_400x400.jpg

Edited by TIGHTCHOKE

3 hours ago, Mice! said:

Problem is I have shot the squirrels 🤣🤣

2 hours ago, Mice! said:

Wifes just got home, apparently the hand written leaflet has been put out all over Leyland by some little old lady??

Kev, she must be a Pigeon watch reader!!!😂😂😂

I didn’t know Woodland Trust was political - tell em you will vote for them if they allow squirrel shooting, at present it is trapping only.

Finally got today's post!:rolleyes:

In amongst the bills is a personally addressed letter and pamphlet from Bridget Z D Smith our local Liberal Democrat candidate for North West Cambridgeshire.

She opens by stating that we currently have an invisible Conservative MP, well he has done all that I have asked of him and always replies to my letters.

Very tempted to write to her and point out that her chosen party are neither liberal or democratic.

I was so impressed (not) with her twaddle that I have sent the whole lot (minus my details) back to her without a stamp and will send one a day until the General Election!

Edited by TIGHTCHOKE

Here in sunny Hartlepool, I've had five leaflets, all different, from Labour.  They are basically carping themselves as the Brexit party looks to stand a good chance of winning!   It's been a Labour stronghold for approx 60 years (council and MP)....but the folk are sick of them doing NOTHING and we now have a Brexit party controlled council and hopefully a Brexit MP on the 12th!  If it happens it'll be THE GLORIOUS 12TH!  

1 hour ago, DoolinDalton said:

Here in sunny Hartlepool, I've had five leaflets, all different, from Labour.  They are basically carping themselves as the Brexit party looks to stand a good chance of winning!   It's been a Labour stronghold for approx 60 years (council and MP)....but the folk are sick of them doing NOTHING and we now have a Brexit party controlled council and hopefully a Brexit MP on the 12th!  If it happens it'll be THE GLORIOUS 12TH!  

They were saying the same today about Workington,  its always been Labour, but voted 60% plus for Brexit,  could someone other than Labour get in?

Think me and the wife have now had 6 fliers from Labour, she's going to change the world,  doubtful with those in charge.