Breakdown cover needed

washerboy

Aa or Rac in this case bigger is better as in quicker arrival times if you do need them , a lot of the smaller firms will subcontract out to firms in the area you have broke down in , if their not busy no problem ! Been with aa for number of years and have used the recovery once , and breakdown once , no complaints 

Green Flag, was with them for 20 years. Called out a few times, they use local dedicated garages and I've never waited more than 20 mins for a vehicle to arrive. They also do a second vehicle cover for a little addition. Used the recovery and double journey a few times.

Now with RAC, since 2013, rubbish compared with Green flag. Called out 3 times due to a flat battery, took hour and half each time, changed battery for new and went. Not used since 2015 but I get the top cover for free so stick with it.

Green Flag - efficient and polite call centre staff and with me in a reasonable time unlike the RAC which who failed to turn up after a 6 hour wait with three children in the car! Ended up leaving the keys and getting a lift home with a chum (15 miles) 

been with aa  for years then rac followed by green flag   all over £100 for recovery only  (now in  small print is relay multiple pick up and drop off at services) about five yrs back changed the above for smart rescue £38 per anum  only used once were with us in 30 min and on our way  excellent service ..      previously the aa    on the way to work at 4.30 am crank knocking un drivable had to wait for local garage until  8.30 /9.00 to confirm caput and need recovery  waited another two and a half hrs for wagon 👍 but not quite dropped me off 15 mls away at local services to wait for another wagon    overall 14 hrs from breakdown to home  52 mls covered lodged complaint as only break down in 18 yrs no joy    canceled there and then 

mrs still uses smart rescue       / I have recovery only with ins broker for £38 

I insure with the NFU so have basic breakdown cover with the policy, but am also with green flag, have the top cover, not the european, as I have 2 cars have personal cover on top of the cover for the named car,  called out once for a flat tyre, Sunday morning 11am, a hours wait, was happy with that, don't think you can beat piece of mind for £84