replacement fac

just got my replacement fac certificate [lost old one] back,in the conditions it states 22rf vermin,22/250 fox that's it;on my old fac the conditions was deer,fox,protection of animals,rang fac to ask why its not on my new certificate ?they said you are ok as I have expanding ammunition on my certificate?dos anyone know that's the  right info they told me as iam not that sure

7 minutes ago, sharpeshooter60 said:

whats aolq mate

Any Other Legal Quarry. So you certificate would read some thing like X rifle may be used for fox and AOLQ the some thing about suitability of calibre. Not got my ticket to hand to give the exact wording. 

Edited by bluesj

3 minutes ago, bluesj said:

Any Other Legal Quarry. So you certificate would read some thing like X rifle may be used for fox and AOLQ the some thing about suitability of calibre. Not got my ticket to hand to give the exact wording. 

ive got nothing that says that,just fox and vermin,on my old one I had deer,fox vermin, shooting for the protection of other livestock

13 minutes ago, sharpeshooter60 said:

ive got nothing that says that,just fox and vermin,on my old one I had deer,fox vermin, shooting for the protection of other livestock

Where are you? someone in the same area may be able to shed more light on what your force does.

Just looked on my ticket It says the firearms and ammunition shall be used for shooting deer and any other legal quarry, subject to the suitability of calibre, bla bla bla. Most of the rifles I have are not legal for deer so most of what I shoot comes under the AOLQ heading.

2 minutes ago, bluesj said:

Where are you? someone in the same area may be able to shed more light on what your force does.

Just looked on my ticket It says the firearms and ammunition shall be used for shooting deer and any other legal quarry, subject to the suitability of calibre, bla bla bla. Most of the rifles I have are not legal for deer so most of what I shoot comes under the AOLQ heading.

thanks for that mate,ill best ring them again in the morning to see whats going on

It may be that your force ads tighter conditions on "closed" certificates, but it does seem odd that they would change them.

just reread your first post, your 22 250 would only be legal for muntjac and Chinese water deer (if in England or Wales) so if you haven't got any on your ground then that might be why they have taken deer off

Edited by bluesj

11 minutes ago, bluesj said:

It may be that your force ads tighter conditions on "closed" certificates, but it does seem odd that they would change them.

just reread your first post, your 22 250 would only be legal for muntjac and Chinese water deer (if in England or Wales) so if you haven't got any on your ground then that might be why they have taken deer off

I doubt they would know what a muntjac is let alone where they might be 🙂 I agree its a bit strange not to put AOLQ as that I thought was standard advice. 

21 minutes ago, oowee said:

I doubt they would know what a muntjac is let alone where they might be 🙂 I agree its a bit strange not to put AOLQ as that I thought was standard advice. 

The op's permission that he put on his application may have said some thing like I give sharpeshooter60 permission to shoot rabbits foxes and vermin on my land at some farm and the police just made a cock up on the original certificate. 

Or he may be in an area where the police make up the rules as they go more than others.

Edited by bluesj

10.47 Every effort must be made to limit the number of additional conditions imposed on a firearm certificate and ensure that they are not contradictory. Care should be taken, however, to ensure that all ‘good reasons’ for which a firearm is possessed are allowed for, for instance stalking and target shooting.

10.48 There is no requirement to establish ‘good reason’ for additional conditions or the addition of quarry species to an existing condition where ‘good reason’ already exists for the possession of a firearm in the first instance (See chapter 13). Firearms should be conditioned to provide flexibility with quarry shooting by allowing all lawful quarry (see Appendix 3).

13.9 A certificate holder may shoot any quarry that is lawful (where they are authorised to shoot). Whilst guidance is provided, it is the responsibility of the shooter and the shooting community to know what calibre is suitable for which quarry, and when certain quarry is lawful (including the need to obtain or rely upon a licence from the relevant licensing authority to permit the shooting of protected species). Once initial “good reason” has been established for the possession of a firearm, there is no requirement for “good reason” to be demonstrated for additional quarry species or amendments providing the firearms are not underpowered for the species (see also paragraph 13.17). A cartridge should be capable 107 Guide on Firearms Licensing Law of achieving a humane kill, and it is the responsibility of the shooter to ensure that any excess energy will be absorbed by the backstop. The “any other lawful quarry” condition (which also covers protected species that the certificate holder is licensed to shoot) should be applied. If an applicant is suitable to hold a firearm certificate and is deemed safe to do so, there is no requirement to restrict the quarry they shoot by the use of conditions imposed on the individual’s firearm certificate.

16 hours ago, sharpeshooter60 said:

just got my replacement fac certificate [lost old one] back,in the conditions it states 22rf vermin,22/250 fox that's it;on my old fac the conditions was deer,fox,protection of animals,rang fac to ask why its not on my new certificate ?they said you are ok as I have expanding ammunition on my certificate?dos anyone know that's the  right info they told me as iam not that sure

What you are referring to are the now defunct conditions that applied to expanding ammunition.

All of us that used expanding ammo had that condition on our certificate as it governed what such ammo could be used for. As of 2017, expanding ammo is no longer section 5 and has reverted to section 1, so that condition has been dropped from certificates.

7 hours ago, CharlieT said:

What you are referring to are the now defunct conditions that applied to expanding ammunition.

All of us that used expanding ammo had that condition on our certificate as it governed what such ammo could be used for. As of 2017, expanding ammo is no longer section 5 and has reverted to section 1, so that condition has been dropped from certificates.

hi Charlie,fac told me that I don't need the conditions on my certificate,eg deer fox or protection of animals as ive got expanding ammo; so are you saying that I can still shoot?ive rang fac today but the phone line was down got told to ring in afew days from front desk,just need to know were I stand

As I said those conditions only applied to expanding ammo and were a separate set of conditions to the  conditions that apply to your rifle/s.

You can only shoot what is listed under the conditions related to your rifles which you state is ",in the conditions it states 22rf vermin,22/250 fox that's it"

So therefore that is all you can shoot. ie. Only fox with the 22/250 and only vermin with the 2rf.