Sign in to follow this  
bruno22rf

Beanz Meanz

Not Heinz anymore - never again, I have wasted my money on their garbage for the last time - as a kid I remember the brand being "the best" and can well remember the flavours of things like Tomato and their Chicken soup, but someone, somewhere has decided to fill their cans with Dishwater with a flavour that the label only hints at - their beans are also no longer any better than Asda own brand (just 3 times the price) so what has gone wrong? Does anybody make soup that actually tastes of anything? One that, if you were blindfolded, you would recognise the flavour?

1 minute ago, bruno22rf said:

Not Heinz anymore - never again, I have wasted my money on their garbage for the last time - as a kid I remember the brand being "the best" and can well remember the flavours of things like Tomato and their Chicken soup, but someone, somewhere has decided to fill their cans with Dishwater with a flavour that the label only hints at - their beans are also no longer any better than Asda own brand (just 3 times the price) so what has gone wrong? Does anybody make soup that actually tastes of anything? One that, if you were blindfolded, you would recognise the flavour?

Still cant go wrong with Heinz tomato soup,  as for beans we buy what's on offer, no point paying double the price for a name.

I refuse to go shopping but mrs always goes to Lidl or Aldi  gets their ow brand stuff which is as good or better than the well known brands ,half the price im lead to believe too

3 minutes ago, Mice! said:

Still cant go wrong with Heinz tomato soup,  as for beans we buy what's on offer, no point paying double the price for a name.

Sorry but Sainsbury's own Tomato Soup is far nicer and a better price at 50p per tin, a winter favourite here.

I have not bothered with Heinz over-priced food for years!

Edited by TIGHTCHOKE

Their Tomato soup, i'm sorry, but is the worst culprit - tastes like watered down ketchup with a hint of vinegar. Try the newish Polish Ketchup that some supermarkets are stocking or even Aldi or Lidl's own.

Branston Beans 😊

1 tin of beans, 4 rounds of buttered toast, cut in 1/2 and placed criss cross on a warmed plate, pour beans over toast followed by a generous splashing of HP brown sauce. 

MMMMMmmmmm propper food.

3 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Sorry but Sainsbury's own Tomato Soup is far nicer and a better price at 50p per tin, a winter favourite here.

I have not bothered with Heinz over-priced food for years!

I'll certainly try it but 6 tins for £2 at b&m hard to beat.

3 minutes ago, bruno22rf said:

Their Tomato soup, i'm sorry, but is the worst culprit - tastes like watered down ketchup with a hint of vinegar. Try the newish Polish Ketchup that some supermarkets are stocking or even Aldi or Lidl's own.

Normally get aldi soups,  the specials are good.

3 minutes ago, Dougy said:

Branston Beans 😊

1 tin of beans, 4 rounds of buttered toast, cut in 1/2 and placed criss cross on a warmed plate, pour beans over toast followed by a generous splashing of HP brown sauce. 

MMMMMmmmmm propper food.

With a soft boiled egg! Who else is now having beans on toast for dinner🥰

I've never been a brand snob, when I met the missus 5 years ago she got a big education on shopping on the cheap 😂

She's a convert now, we don't buy anything branded at all. Aldi coke to me is far better than the actual stuff, I can't remember the last time I had a tin of cheap beans that were bad. 

Just now, Lloyd90 said:

Why?  

I tell her its womans work along with ironing etc , I just cant be doing with all the people ,and as they say you don't have a dog and bark yourself

Doesn't say much about your wife's looks, but we will have to take your word on that.

We aint seen her. 

Lol

2 minutes ago, Dougy said:

Doesn't say much about your wife's looks, but we will have to take your word on that.

We aint seen her. 

Lol

shes fine with the lights off

17 minutes ago, sam triple said:

I tell her its womans work along with ironing etc , I just cant be doing with all the people ,and as they say you don't have a dog and bark yourself

:oops: lets hope she's not watching.

Just now, old'un said:

:oops: lets hope she's not watching.

From what he says, she don't see allot, i think its best for all men she's kept locked up in a dark room. 

Even though the big brands charge lots more than the own brands they still try to cheapen the recipe, they are making a fortune for their investors.

2 hours ago, sam triple said:

Well said sir , you're a man after my own heart , and it brings a tear to my eye to know that 1960s chauvinism is still going strong , amen brother 👌😅.

And the advert used to be 

A million house wife's every day 

Pick up a tin of bean's and say 

**** It we will have tomatoes. 

Edited by B725

17 minutes ago, mel b3 said:

Well said sir , you're a man after my own heart , and it brings a tear to my eye to know that 1960s chauvinism is still going strong , amen brother 👌😅.

One does ones best 😂👍

6 minutes ago, sam triple said:

One does ones best 😂👍

Isn't the reason brides get married in white so it matches the fridge, freezer and washing machine. 

6 minutes ago, B725 said:

Isn't the reason brides get married in white so it matches the fridge, freezer and washing machine. 

No, it signifies she is a virgin. :)

I always buy Heinz,but recently picked up their sugar free/reduced sugar and they where terrible.Asdas own and M&S own are ok but Aldi or lidl (anything Aldi/lidl  I simply cant do).Gave it a go when everyone kept saying it's the same,just a different label.Well nothing tastes anything like what we buy.As for saving money lol, we ended up spending more after doing a proper shop.