Beanz Meanz

bruno22rf

Not Heinz anymore - never again, I have wasted my money on their garbage for the last time - as a kid I remember the brand being "the best" and can well remember the flavours of things like Tomato and their Chicken soup, but someone, somewhere has decided to fill their cans with Dishwater with a flavour that the label only hints at - their beans are also no longer any better than Asda own brand (just 3 times the price) so what has gone wrong? Does anybody make soup that actually tastes of anything? One that, if you were blindfolded, you would recognise the flavour?

1 minute ago, bruno22rf said:

Not Heinz anymore - never again, I have wasted my money on their garbage for the last time - as a kid I remember the brand being "the best" and can well remember the flavours of things like Tomato and their Chicken soup, but someone, somewhere has decided to fill their cans with Dishwater with a flavour that the label only hints at - their beans are also no longer any better than Asda own brand (just 3 times the price) so what has gone wrong? Does anybody make soup that actually tastes of anything? One that, if you were blindfolded, you would recognise the flavour?

Still cant go wrong with Heinz tomato soup,  as for beans we buy what's on offer, no point paying double the price for a name.

3 minutes ago, Mice! said:

Still cant go wrong with Heinz tomato soup,  as for beans we buy what's on offer, no point paying double the price for a name.

Sorry but Sainsbury's own Tomato Soup is far nicer and a better price at 50p per tin, a winter favourite here.

I have not bothered with Heinz over-priced food for years!

Edited by TIGHTCHOKE

3 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Sorry but Sainsbury's own Tomato Soup is far nicer and a better price at 50p per tin, a winter favourite here.

I have not bothered with Heinz over-priced food for years!

I'll certainly try it but 6 tins for £2 at b&m hard to beat.

3 minutes ago, bruno22rf said:

Their Tomato soup, i'm sorry, but is the worst culprit - tastes like watered down ketchup with a hint of vinegar. Try the newish Polish Ketchup that some supermarkets are stocking or even Aldi or Lidl's own.

Normally get aldi soups,  the specials are good.

3 minutes ago, Dougy said:

Branston Beans 😊

1 tin of beans, 4 rounds of buttered toast, cut in 1/2 and placed criss cross on a warmed plate, pour beans over toast followed by a generous splashing of HP brown sauce. 

MMMMMmmmmm propper food.

With a soft boiled egg! Who else is now having beans on toast for dinner🥰

I've never been a brand snob, when I met the missus 5 years ago she got a big education on shopping on the cheap 😂

She's a convert now, we don't buy anything branded at all. Aldi coke to me is far better than the actual stuff, I can't remember the last time I had a tin of cheap beans that were bad. 

2 hours ago, sam triple said:

I tell her its womans work along with ironing etc , I just cant be doing with all the people ,and as they say you don't have a dog and bark yourself

Well said sir , you're a man after my own heart , and it brings a tear to my eye to know that 1960s chauvinism is still going strong , amen brother 👌😅.

I always buy Heinz,but recently picked up their sugar free/reduced sugar and they where terrible.Asdas own and M&S own are ok but Aldi or lidl (anything Aldi/lidl  I simply cant do).Gave it a go when everyone kept saying it's the same,just a different label.Well nothing tastes anything like what we buy.As for saving money lol, we ended up spending more after doing a proper shop.