Air arms s410

stuartyboy

Thinking about going down the PCP route and considering the S410. Any issues or advice before I splash out? Know the air rifle is highly rated but wanted to check with the experts on here before I commit.

Particularly about the longevity of the S410 and service intervals etc. Ideally be a gun that would be passed down to future generations.

Thanks as always

Only problem I've had is that if you don't pull the bolt right back to the stop, the trigger doesn't cock. Then you have to remove the mag, rotate it to an empty slot and pull the bolt all the way back and reinsert the mag. If you don't do this, when you pull the bolt back again it loads a second pellet behind the one already in the breech. Once you get used to it, it's not a problem.

13 minutes ago, FatFreddysCat said:

Only problem I've had is that if you don't pull the bolt right back to the stop, the trigger doesn't cock. Then you have to remove the mag, rotate it to an empty slot and pull the bolt all the way back and reinsert the mag. If you don't do this, when you pull the bolt back again it loads a second pellet behind the one already in the breech. Once you get used to it, it's not a problem.

I had this problem a few times, if you didn't pull the bolt back far enough, it wouldn't cock then you would pull the bolt back again and end up with two pellets in the barrel,

just a matter of getting used to it, I bought a sidelever instead, much better🙂

Load 2 pellets!! Never, in 14 years of ownership, have I managed that. As for longevity - the S410 carbine I currently have was made in 2005 and had it's first service this year - it didn't actually need it but with Squizzer season fast approaching I thought she deserved it . It did break the spring on the indexing post but repair was £13 from memory and takes minutes to fit - bought a spare just in case but I reckon it will still be there in 10 years time. Buy a decent used one (the carbine is every bit as accurate as the standard) and replace all the O rings around the bolt (including the one between the bolt head and the rear of the cylinder) then chrono it before taking it out - both of mine crept considerably over after a few years use. If you know that you have not pulled the bolt back far enough then why not just pull it back again and remove the Mag?

Not denying thats its a very good gun, just I did double load a few times,obviously if I had known I hadn't pulled the bolt far enough back, I wouldn't have fired it.

Just my fault, I had to concentrate every time that I pulled the bolt back fully.

Whereas with my hw100 its so easy.