Navara

TR1

Does anyone use a latest version Navara whithout rear diff lock for off road use. 
I am looking at Navara and Hilux as options to replace my Landcruiser but finding it difficult to get real life feedback on suitability of either for relatively    difficult use in mud etc.

I'm in the same mindset to change my LC120 to a 2016 onwards navara. I gave a lift to a gun last week who drove a 2016 navara-basically he has had an issue with an adblue warning light and slightly reduced engine power-he went to his local dealer and the workshop manager commented he had a further 8 awaiting to be seen for same problem.  Apparently the fault is more software based than mechanical so might just be a plug in fix.

week later chatted to a gun with the invincible auto on a 2017 plate and he was very happy.

Not sure which way I'll going but my LC with 130,000 goes like a sewing machine and doesn't need adblue!

cheers

F.

I borrowed a brand new navara with road tyres to go pheasant shooting last season, we had to decant into a limited amount of vehicles so we took that Navara, all day everyone was passing asking if we needed a tow, did we need a tow? 

No

Very surprised how it went through all the mud and wet grass with standard tyres on! 

On 14/12/2019 at 06:44, TR1 said:

That’s encouraging.

GUstaff , did you use alder model 17 inch wheels , did they fit without issue. Seems that D49 rims are readily available but have a different offset.

yes use the d40 17 inch wheels fit no problem they stand an inch further out and i put 265/70 r17 nangkang  mud terrains on so far so good a bit noisey above 60 mph

I use a 17 plate Navara Auto as a farm vehicle, it’s on Goodyear road tyres and I’ve never had it stuck quite!! I’ve had the issue with adblue which Lincoln Nissan said they had never come across before ( who are they trying to kid!! ) but by replacing the tank and inboard pump seems to have fixed it. It really is a great truck to drive, and if you have a good independent garage to service it would recommend, 

• 2 weeks later...

I'm interested in the adblue issue.

Is the issue overuse of Adblue or an electrical issue?

I've just purchased a 68 plate from a garage who told me they had the vehicle serviced prior to me taking delivery. (I have a stamp in the book)

A month later & I got an Adblue warning.

Managed to get 10L into it.

So did it use 10L of Adblue in 2000 miles of matbe the suggested serfvice didnt happen!