Lamping the night away

JohnGalway

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Excellent bullet placement John - put the pics up of the heart shot, i for 1 would like to see the result of a bullet strike. I have only seen it on deer that i've shot and never opened up a charlie to look.

What time do you get up in the morning John?? you seem to be out all night then work all day on the farm - unless of course you've had your eyelids removed, and dont need sleep :good:

Excellent read john :lol::good: Glad to see you found them alright if the bog was anything like the bog me and conor were out in to look for that fox its seriously dodgy :( You are one seriously dedicated foxer to follow up that fox over a mile you deserved that one :lol: You should try connecting the lamp to the terminals with the clamp to female ciggie connectors them deben ones are fairly sh*te once they get hot.

Keep up the good work john ???

The bit I was in was worse than where ye were to be honest, real bouncy, just a skim of dead moss over a lake in reality.

The thought of walking across that with a lamp that was on its last legs makes me cringe underneath the moss and growth on the surface god knows what depth it is :good: your a brave man.

That pic of the heart is very interesting it looks pretty small,is the foxes heart between the shoulder blades or just behind the front legs low down i have never been quite sure which of the two it is either shot will kill instant with the .223 but would be nice to know EXACTLY where it is.

That pic of the heart is very interesting it looks pretty small,is the foxes heart between the shoulder blades or just behind the front legs low down i have never been quite sure which of the two it is either shot will kill instant with the .223 but would be nice to know EXACTLY where it is.

Hi Mark,

The heart is just behind the front legs, low down. I think it's just below the centre of the body. If you aim for the centre, the top should come off.

Headed home then, one stop on the way to leave foxy number two with number one. Everything packed away, and music kind of loud in the car (alright very very loud)...

Big girl you are beautiful

Walks in to the room

Feels like a big balloon

I said, 'Hey girls you are beautiful'

Diet coke and a pizza please

Diet coke I'm on my knees

Screaming 'Big girls you are beautiful'

I wasn't singing along, honest :oops:

I pulled into the same spot I started out at, lamp on from the car just for the hell of it. :lol: Eyes 150 yards out which promptly took to it's heels. I'm emailing Galway Bay FM in the morning to complain foxes don't like their play list :lol:

Possibly the most eventful night out I've had in a while!

I believe MIKA sings that dreadful song. :lol:

:lol: He does not need a light, he sees in the dark, his become nocturnal. :lol::lol:

Was out last night meself, with another nocturnal mad man :lol: , he has a swift, with T8, we set off out at 9:30pm and got back at 3am :lol: , lamping off a privat road, we coverd about 40 odd miles :lol: , he shot 18 silly foxes, i shot 4, using his rifle, some were so old and mangey, you could of run up to them and hit them with a stick :lol:

Good night though, no pics, he does not like pics, very private man :oops::lol:

All the best :lol:

Frank.

Your stories are SO funny Batman. :lol: :lol: They make me smile before I go to work :lol:

Tie a piece of string to your caller and thread it up your arm, around your back......................... well thats what my mum used to do to me, to stop me dropping my gloves :lol:

Well done on the fox.....keep it up John :lol:

Frank, 22 foxes is good going, whether they were silly or not. Do you not fancy treating yourself to a nice little 223 and getting back into it :oops:

Well done lads :oops:

Been out the last 2 nights,had 1 coming in 2 nights ago(1st we,d seen in a month on our shoot)but something spooked it,was lamping this time.

We went last night and sat for over 3 hours with the NV and decoys out and callers going in same area.

At 1 point we had rabbits,hares roe deer and 3 badgers in the field but no fox.Was hilarious to watch 1 badger come up to the Jack in the box deek,have a good look then turn and run like hell.So if your getting bother around your pens just put a few of these up :lol::lol: also had a Tawny owl swoop onto it,luckily it turned off without stealing it.

GH

I know what you mean John about prefering the night time. :)

Thanks about the foxes, but will not do that for a while, was knackred after it and the stench from them their dead foxes was unreal :oops::D He is going skining the whole lot, as he keeps every skin he shoots, accept mangy ones, thank god. :good:

I have never seen so many foxes about the place, i seen 6 crossing the road on my way back home :o

JOHN, i reckon, a trip over my way sometime, is called for. :yes: , bring camera, rifle and note pad :D , for the story afterwards. :good:

Frank.