Tonight’s flight

team tractor

Great result TT.  I glanced over there yesterday and it looked to have settled down.  For those who do not know the area TT is shooting, only a couple of weeks ago the whole area was completely underwater and you could not even see where the river ran.  I was born and bred almost within a stones throw and back in the late 50s early 60s shot that same area and in the early 50s as a kid, snook about there with my catapult as there was a certain spot on that river where the pebbles where perfect ammo.   I had never seen it completely covered like that ever.

It is very comforting to know the spot is being enjoyed by one of the nicest young chaps I know.   Unfortunately I am led to believe this stupid high speed executive special high speed rail line is going right through it.  Enjoy whilst can my friend.

22 minutes ago, Walker570 said:

Great result TT.  I glanced over there yesterday and it looked to have settled down.  For those who do not know the area TT is shooting, only a couple of weeks ago the whole area was completely underwater and you could not even see where the river ran.  I was born and bred almost within a stones throw and back in the late 50s early 60s shot that same area and in the early 50s as a kid, snook about there with my catapult as there was a certain spot on that river where the pebbles where perfect ammo.   I had never seen it completely covered like that ever.

It is very comforting to know the spot is being enjoyed by one of the nicest young chaps I know.   Unfortunately I am led to believe this stupid high speed executive special high speed rail line is going right through it.  Enjoy whilst can my friend.

This is my 3rd season on there and this year alone we’ve had 5 geese , 20+ ducks . 
you know what they say about people. Treat them how they treat you. You couldn’t of looked after me more and it’s appreciated nev . 

hs2 goes straight through the middle and I’ve already lost 5 farms to it. It’s upsetting to think it goes through my mates ashes . 

54 minutes ago, The Mighty Prawn said:

That’s what your wife said 😂

Ha ha 😀

41 minutes ago, marsh man said:

What species of duck were they ? , I can see three Mallard and what look like a couple of drake Gadwall , but the two smaller look streamlined and could be hen Pintail or this years hen Gadwall .

Did the cock bird come in with side lights on ?

The pheasant was at the beginning of the shoot as we got there around 2:40 . I had about 4-5 feeding around the splash which will be 1 a time I hope for the season 😎.

the ducks we get on the splash are mallard , widgeon and teal.  We’ve had a few greylag around besides Canada’s

Edited by team tractor