Nice early Christmas present

welsh1

5 minutes ago, Farmboy91 said:

Very nice! 

Ive not even been invited to the Christmas meal this year 😂

I did, but told em im not paying the £25 on a meal, ill sit at the table and drink that £25. 

Thats a nice little set welsh1, obviously a company that respects its staff, as getting loads of those in wouldn't of been cheap. A nice gesture imo 

1 hour ago, panoma1 said:

Do you think anything can be read into that? Lol!

Ohh without a doubt, I was injured at work earlier this year and have been signed off since..... They don't like me very much at the moment. 

1 hour ago, strimmer_13 said:

I did, but told em im not paying the £25 on a meal, ill sit at the table and drink that £25. 

They'd normally put and average meal on, and an open bar for about an hour lol. 

7 minutes ago, mel b3 said:

It's very nice to be appreciated mate 👍.

I won't even get a merry Christmas as I leave work on Christmas Eve. 

Would you really want one from “managers” when you suspect it would be insincere?........I know I didn’t!...the day I retired from my job in the local authority, I cleared my desk into a hold-all, shook the hand of the guy I shared my office with.....and walked out!....sixteen years later, I’ve never been near the place again! And am in regular contact with no one!.....good salary, good pension but a carp work environment!

2 hours ago, panoma1 said:

Would you really want one from “managers” when you suspect it would be insincere?........I know I didn’t!...the day I retired from my job in the local authority, I cleared my desk into a hold-all, shook the hand of the guy I shared my office with.....and walked out!....sixteen years later, I’ve never been near the place again! And am in regular contact with no one!.....good salary, good pension but a carp work environment!

You're right , and in all honesty , I wouldn't even acknowledge most of them if I passed them in the street.

I've worked at a few places where the workforce don't like the management,  but this job is the only place where the management hate the workforce. 

3 hours ago, panoma1 said:

I signed the voluntary redundancy papers, backed my Land Rover into the workshop, loaded my tools and drove off. I never went back to work my 3 months notice and ignored the letter inviting me to my leaving do. Never seen any of them in the eighteen years since.

3 hours ago, mel b3 said:

It's very nice to be appreciated mate 👍.

I won't even get a merry Christmas as I leave work on Christmas Eve. 

It’s all those Boxing Day gifts they keep stopping to push into your wagon, no room for the refuse on your Christmas round 😂

1 minute ago, Fisheruk said:

It’s all those Boxing Day gifts they keep stopping to push into your wagon, no room for the refuse on your Christmas round 😂

We've had orders this year , that anything of greater value than a packet of biscuits, has to be handed in to the office . How typically managerial is that 😆.

1 minute ago, mel b3 said:

We've had orders this year , that anything of greater value than a packet of biscuits, has to be handed in to the office . How typically managerial is that 😆.

😳🙄

1 minute ago, Fisheruk said:

😳🙄

I heard a rumour that you had all been given a couple of weeks off this year and the management was standing in for you!
🤔

1 hour ago, Fisheruk said:

😳🙄

I heard a rumour that you had all been given a couple of weeks off this year and the management was standing in for you!
🤔

😅😅😅😅😅😅😅

They'd gladly do it , just as long as it didn't involve,  going outside in the cold , or putting in any kind of effort whatsoever. 😅😅😅😅😅

We've got three days off this year , but we have to work three Saturdays, so that the work still gets covered . Could be worse I suppose , some folks get no holiday at all.