Vandalism or beauty

Centrepin

14 minutes ago, London Best said:

I once saw a picture of an English made SxS just like that. It was made for a one armed man.

Did it plug into his nub? 😮 

Imagine armed response coming on a false call out to that... "DROP THE GUN!!!" ... "I can't ... it's my arm..." lol 

No, the idea was that the oversize pistol grip would give his one hand a firm grip. I think it had a normal (ish) butt end.

Thinking about it, in my world, having one arm is the only possible excuse for having a pistol grip on a shotgun!

Edited by London Best

Over here we have pistol braces that strap to your arm.  Rifles with a barrel length less then 16in has a $200 tax. So manufacturers sell “pistols with a arm-brace that are tax free as they are handycap equipment”.   Some of them are horrible looking so I just pay the $200 to have the regular stock.  The left one is a rifle with a $200 tax and the right one is a pistol with a arm brace. Everything else is the same except one is tax exempt.  😂 20180629_151055.jpg

Edited by NoBodyImportant

It looks sort of like it's been built for someone without a thumb ,or none working thumb , or maybe a very weak grip , and whilst the black parts look pretty ugly , the pistol grip is well crafted , and has something very pretty going on.

Various very strange designs have been made to help people with injuries and disabilities.   One of the most common is the full crossover stock for people who have lost the sight in one eye, but there are variations for people with arm loss, weakness, or hand injuries.

These stocks are common within clay shooting, especially skeet and trap nothing unusual if you are into clays. Yes it’s not a traditional game/field gun but saying that neither are over o/u’s I e heard the tails of uproar when o/u’s first started to be used in game days and now they’re common place. I’ve had comments about my gun being out of place on a game day....it’s a standard looking 692 with extended chokes 🤷‍♂️.

the stock shown above has its place in my opinion, not the nicest example but some beautiful bits of wood on some of them. They’re also very expensive because they’re made to the exact measurements of the purchaser and tested at various stages of production for exact fit. 

64A70B47-40A5-4A74-88B5-D0F3885E66B1.jpeg

22CA9208-85F0-4E72-A4E8-7E3FDD367C9C.png

14 hours ago, Centrepin said:

Came across this whilst browsing, I think it's an abomination, what a shame. Who would do this to a gun?

It's an Ergosign stock, normally used to obtain perfect fit and comfort. That one incorporates a recoil reducer but there are several other fully adjustable stock makers around, TSK for example are fitted as original equipment to the DT11 Black Pro range. Precision Fit is probably the best known and I believe Hamster has one on his Beretta.

These things are expensive and certainly aren't used for decoration, some people have to use them for medical reasons too and bear in mind the original stock is retained unmodified.

1 hour ago, Westward said:

It's an Ergosign stock, normally used to obtain perfect fit and comfort. That one incorporates a recoil reducer but there are several other fully adjustable stock makers around, TSK for example are fitted as original equipment to the DT11 Black Pro range. Precision Fit is probably the best known and I believe Hamster has one on his Beretta.

These things are expensive and certainly aren't used for decoration, some people have to use them for medical reasons too and bear in mind the original stock is retained unmodified.

According to the advert, he part exchanged the stock for the Ergosign, and now selling as he's getting out of guns. It's a current add on Guntrader.

I was browsing last night to see what was out there for around 2k for my son. He's torn between a new grade 1 Miroku MK 38 game, (28" barrels and multi choke) or a 2nd hand grade 5, same. But he wants part ex.

You can't spend too much on comfort!

I have one on my claygun .. I think it helps me get a more consistent mount when I'm trap shooting.

Does it help me hit any … no.

Does it stop the odd miss through a poor mount .. maybe. Once you get to a certain level, it's nearly all a mental game, and replacing doubt with positive thinking is only a good thing.