Recommend me a multi choke sporter

ehb102

I was recommending to a friend that they have a look at a second hand Lanber multi choke sporter as a first gun and spend on the rest of the budget on good fitting and recoil pads. They were amazed at the prices of the Lanber. What other comparable sporters should we be looking out for? I would appreciate your recommendations. 

It's all very well saying "One that fits" but as a left shoulder shooting lady there will be almost nothing out there that fits off the shelf. So take a good chunk of budget out for that and we are looking around the £500-£600 mark plus alterations. 

32 minutes ago, Gordon R said:

Laurona make better guns than Lanber. Longer lasting, rust free and more gun for your money.

SKB - underrated, but excellent

Thank you. 

8 hours ago, ehb102 said:

It's all very well saying "One that fits" but as a left shoulder shooting lady there will be almost nothing out there that fits off the shelf. So take a good chunk of budget out for that and we are looking around the £500-£600 mark plus alterations. 

Thank you. 

hello,  if you go on gun trader put in 12 and 20 guage left hand stock  O/U shotguns there are quite a few to look at, around that price are KOFs with left hand stock. i presume you mean an O/U ?

Edited by oldypigeonpopper

9 hours ago, ehb102 said:

I was recommending to a friend that they have a look at a second hand Lanber multi choke sporter as a first gun and spend on the rest of the budget on good fitting and recoil pads. They were amazed at the prices of the Lanber. What other comparable sporters should we be looking out for? I would appreciate your recommendations. 

Secondhand older Beretta's are the way forward, great design. great handling and very reliable!

Try as many as possible at a dealer who has a few traps, and choose the one you shoot best with. 
Personally like the Lanber Sporting DeLuxe as they come up to the shoulder very much like a Winchester 101, of which I’m very fond, but there are many more out there with indisputable reputations which have stood the test of time, such as Miroku, Browning, Winchester and Beretta. 

1 hour ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

hello,  if you go on gun trader put in 12 and 20 guage left hand stock  O/U shotguns there are quite a few to look at, around that price are KOFs with left hand stock. i presume you mean an O/U ?

Yes, O/U.

Kofs have been discussed but the thing that people keep saying is that they do the job but they aren't nice to use. They certainly seem to hit the second hand market quite fast. Under consideration though. 

10 minutes ago, ehb102 said:

Yes, O/U.

Kofs have been discussed but the thing that people keep saying is that they do the job but they aren't nice to use. They certainly seem to hit the second hand market quite fast. Under consideration though. 

They hit the secondhand market rapidly because they have done what people expect of them and move on to a nice gun.:yes:

My brother shoots an ATA sp sporter - £600 new or push the budget to £700 buys the adjustable version also available in left handed stock ( I believe ) Also comes with (if I remember correctly)  a set of five chokes plus tools and a 5 year warranty.

Another shout for the ata sporter , bought one new a while back , fits me really well , love it if memory serves it was a little under £600 , but whatever you get take your tim3 and get one that fits you try as many as you can any good shop will go through this with you , see your in Cambridge you could do a lot worse that go to Simpson’s in Newmarket , great family run shop 

36 minutes ago, Walker570 said:

Multi choke and sporting plus no requirement for a recoil pad. Yilditz 410 with 30 inch barrels.  Man up.

Why would anyone want to do that? 

1 hour ago, Rewulf said:

Try shouldering an ATA, I shoot left handed with one with no issue. 

Thanks, I hadn't consideration ATAs

2 hours ago, spurs 14 said:

you could do a lot worse that go to Simpson’s in Newmarket , great family run shop 

I love Simpsons of Newmarket. They are so lovely to everyone, mega helpful and just the nicest folk in shooting. 

18 hours ago, ehb102 said:

Thank you. 

My daughter shoots left handed and has an off the shelf silver pigeon

16 hours ago, ehb102 said:

Why would anyone want to do that? 

Thanks, I hadn't consideration ATAs

I love Simpsons of Newmarket. They are so lovely to everyone, mega helpful and just the nicest folk in shooting. 

hello, they have a few ATA for sale , £600 new, average weight around 7 .5 llb there is one with left handed stock,

Edited by oldypigeonpopper

On 09/12/2019 at 16:31, Old farrier said:

Next time you’re in Mayfair pop into audley house they’ll get one sorted for you 😊👍

Totes going to do that! 

7 hours ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

hello, they have a few ATA for sale , £600 new, average weight around 7 .5 llb there is one with left handed stock,

Simpsons will probably be our first stop, so will enquire. Thanks.