Watchaholic help needed!

Lord Geordie

I purchased a strange one yesterday and wondered if anyone can shed some light? 

it’s VERY similar in look to a Seiko auto with the crown at the 4:30 position. The dial is apparently branded HOMER but having run circles online I can only come up with reference to Citizen which it is not? 

the crown setting is why I bought it as I do like the unusual look “Seiko style” it didn’t cost the earth as it needs TLC but the case, and back look in very good condition. 

once I take possession I can upload a pic as sadly the pics I was shown are not the best to get a good look at the dial. 

thanks. 

Finally arrived today! 

gave it a quick look over, seems the main spring has snapped or came away from the arbor. Has two service marks in the back 70 and 73 so maybe a 60s watch. The movement is a basic one jewel Swiss movement akin to the roskopf style. Should still offer good service one it’s repaired and serviced. You will see what I mean with regard to the wonder position. I will have the case polished up and a dark blue leather strap me thinks! 🤔

8A4D2670-4B7D-4980-8D53-2B842F686B8F.jpeg

9D22BCD8-9D33-4276-83F8-108F16D00F2C.jpeg

16 minutes ago, billytheghillie said:

That guy in Springfield has one just like that.

Doh :oops:

14 hours ago, figgy said:

Got to be careful cleaning and polishing as it can wreck value.

It appears it was once plated and the plating is so badly worn off very little remains! I think polishing will remove what is left and make it look better in my humble opinion! Will see what can be done with it. For what it cost it’s no biggy figgy :lol: 

I just want to see about getting it working and useable. 

15 hours ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

hello, interesting watch, how do you clean yours, my dad used carbon tetrachloride but i do not think allowed to buy now, he use to do at work

I have a ultrasonic cleaner and use a generic solution bought on tinterweb and it does a fairly good job at shifting grime.