White Island

sam triple

1 hour ago, strimmer_13 said:

It's amazing how blissfully ignorant i am to the world when the only news i get is on sites like this. 

Probably not a bad way to be ,first I’d heard of it was when bro in law said about  it never heard of it before,  like the Aussie bush fires knew about them weeks / months before some people had died and it made the news here as uncle  and bush brigade had been fighting them ,ironically the total waister that started one of them had to have his house saved from the fire by the rfs he’s now in clink waited to take a shower with mr big 

1 hour ago, Pistol p said:

Apparently they were warned not to go near the island as an eruption was imminent. You can't tell some folk.

Nope. It was declared safe for people to visit. Last Tuesday GeoNet, who monitor the volcano, said there was heightened activity but  "the current level of activity [did] not pose a direct hazard to visitors". 

You'd have thought 'better safe than sorry' would be in play with a volcano of all things!

1 hour ago, chrisjpainter said:

Nope. It was declared safe for people to visit. Last Tuesday GeoNet, who monitor the volcano, said there was heightened activity but  "the current level of activity [did] not pose a direct hazard to visitors". 

You'd have thought 'better safe than sorry' would be in play with a volcano of all things!

This was my understanding also

12 hours ago, chrisjpainter said:

This ⬆️

On 10/12/2019 at 08:45, sam triple said:

looks like a murder investigation may be open now

Corporate manslaughter yes but murder, I doubt it. Or more likely a no blame scenario as volcanoes are so 'unpredictable'. 

We will have to wait for the enquiry outcome which could take months if not years.

1 hour ago, Sha Bu Le said:

Corporate manslaughter yes but murder, I doubt it. Or more likely a no blame scenario as volcanoes are so 'unpredictable'. 

We will have to wait for the enquiry outcome which could take months if not years.

Not even Midsomer Murders could construct a plot that involved the timely eruption of a volcano being used as a murder weapon...

1 hour ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

But that's next weeks episode!:whistling:

'A scientist at Midsomer Mallow's seismology station answers a call to inspect the long extinct local volcano, only for it to erupt in her face. But was the eruption entirely unexpected? Barnaby investigates and discovers a volcanic world of deceit, incest and betrayal'

6 minutes ago, chrisjpainter said:

'A scientist at Midsomer Mallow's seismology station answers a call to inspect the long extinct local volcano, only for it to erupt in her face. But was the eruption entirely unexpected? Barnaby investigates and discovers a volcanic world of deceit, incest and betrayal'

By George you've got something there Mate, you should write it up for ITV. They'd love it.