New flapper

Jacko3275

I find they tend to come straight into a flapper and not swerve off like they do often with a rotary. Either in front of the hide or slightly upwind depending on how they will approach. 

Everyday is different and all plans got to pot decoying so you will have to have a play and see what works best on the day. Did you get a timer? 

Edited by GingerCat

16 minutes ago, GingerCat said:

I find they tend to come straight into a flapper and not swerve off like they do often with a rotary. Either in front of the hide or slightly upwind depending on how they will approach. 

Everyday is different and all plans got to pot decoying so you will have to have a play and see what works best on the day. Did you get a timer? 

It’s built in  with a remote as well 

As said, right in the pattern seems to work for me. Not sure about the remote as I've found just a timed flapper does the business. Can you use it without the remote only having to press it each time you want it to flap, if that's how it works, seems an incumbrance.

Sometimes it can work better than a rotary, but at the end of the day it's what works for you on the day. Trial and error is the key.

OB

7 minutes ago, Old Boggy said:

As said, right in the pattern seems to work for me. Not sure about the remote as I've found just a timed flapper does the business. Can you use it without the remote only having to press it each time you want it to flap, if that's how it works, seems an incumbrance.

Sometimes it can work better than a rotary, but at the end of the day it's what works for you on the day. Trial and error is the key.

OB

Turn it on and it runs on a timer the remote is for on off and speed control or gap between flaps not sure which yet as not had a bird on it yet but will find out Saturday when it gets its first outing

So it depends on what I've got out at that particular time Rotary/Bouncers etc but I normally start off with the flapper towards the back of my pattern.....Generally I find a flapper won't spook the birds as much as a Magnet or Bouncers but I will alternate/mix and match until I find something that works and gets the birds to commit.