If you were buying a 410 OU

johnnytheboy

If having an o/u 0.410 is 'an itch you must scratch' ........ I am assuming you envisage some particular use/application - and that will drive your choice?

I have an (inherited) s/s 0.410 (basic AyA non ejector boxlock).  Very rarely used, but occasionally very useful for squirrel control.

Well, I have a £700 Yilditz with 30 inch barrels and a choice of five chokes in fact more because I ordered another full. I have now shot this little gun for three seasons driven days..averaging 23 days a season plus a few nights pigeon flighting and have to say I love it. If I do my bit it will respond in kind.   I did look at their super dooper engraved model at just over £2000 but could see no reason to change as it would not do any better job.  On the various driven days I go on I never feel I am under gunned.  Put it in the pattern at sensible ranges and the bird will die.

Another advantage is I don't know I am carrying it to my peg unlike these so called 410s which are full 12 gauge actions with 410 barrels.

Edited by Walker570

Another vote here for the Yildiz, I have the junior stocked ejector version which I bought for my son.  Apart from the top lever being VERY stiff to operate after having fired both barrels (wish I had bought the non ejector) for my son its a smashing little gun.  I used it the other weekend for a walk around the permission stick on a leather stock extender and its a nice gun to wander around with.  I have surprised how well 19G carts work on pigeons no complaints from me or the pigeons!

Edited by Wingman

And another Yildiz 410 vote here.. Did splash out on a hand engraved jobbie with wood to die for and its a joy to use. As mentioned by Walker570, it's lightweight - mines 5lb 7oz and built on a scaled 410 action, what's there not to like. Plus, knocked down some fine pheasants with 19gm sixes too.. I'll not be returning to a clunky, heavy 12b..