bbc and the polar bears

islandgun

Was watching this programme on Sunday.. Attenborough was blaming global warming for the polar bears having to eat Beluga Whales due to the ice disappearing. then had shots of the bears next to a wood. obviously the shots were taken in the summer without ice. just now googled the programme and this came up

https://www.thegwpf.org/david-attenborough-accused-of-misleading-public-about-polar-bears-again/

19 minutes ago, islandgun said:

Was watching this programme on Sunday.. Attenborough was blaming global warming for the polar bears having to eat Beluga Whales due to the ice disappearing. then had shots of the bears next to a wood. obviously the shots were taken in the summer without ice. just now googled the programme and this came up

https://www.thegwpf.org/david-attenborough-accused-of-misleading-public-about-polar-bears-again/

Sadly, the man is going down in my estimation at an increasing rate. It would appear that he has contracted a severe case of Packamitis.

7 minutes ago, Penelope said:

Sadly, the man is going down in my estimation at an increasing rate. It would appear that he has contracted a severe case of Packamitis.

Agree .. What an appalling pack of lies. manipulation by the beeb and the establishment.. Its not hard to imagine a conversation carried out by members of the concerned public " oh the poor starving bears having to eat whales and its all our fault, we must do something, lets buy an electric car and becoming a vegan, send that nice man packam some money" .....`jeez 

1 minute ago, NatureBoy said:

Shame if he is going that way after all the good he has done! Always had a lot of time for him and his long held views on population control and whats coming before it became mainstream! He getting on, guess all  scripted for him and what the prog makers wana push.  NB

The REAL issue. his long held views on population control and whats coming

58 minutes ago, wyn said:

I'm sure i read somewhere that the pic of the polar bear and beluga whales was taken in 1985.

Its in the second from last paragraph of the link in the OP..

41 minutes ago, Westward said:

Attenborough is peerless in his wildlife commentaries but I do wish he'd stick to what he does so well and stop preaching his climate change mantra.

Natureboy said it.. scripted by the the beeb

7 hours ago, NatureBoy said:

Shame if he is going that way after all the good he has done! Always had a lot of time for him and his long held views on population control and whats coming before it became mainstream! He getting on, guess all  scripted for him and what the prog makers wana push.  NB

Edited by islandgun

45 minutes ago, Westward said:

Attenborough is peerless in his wildlife commentaries but I do wish he'd stick to what he does so well and stop preaching his climate change mantra.

yep thats they way i feel too..........................everytime i see him come up on TV....i sigh and tyhink "ere we go again"......and turn to another channel

16 hours ago, Yellow Bear said:

Sorry needed correcting

Not sure I entirely agree. The BBC and others may write the scripts but he bangs on about it incessantly in interviews and lectures and has become a poster boy for the climate hysterics.

15 hours ago, Scully said:

I have been a devotee to these wildlife programmes throughout my life, but this incessant banging on about climate change has spoiled them for me to the extent I seldom bother now. 

Me too. I have to say he's passed his sell by date.

Edited by Westward

On 10/12/2019 at 11:32, Penelope said:

Gone down in my opinion. Just sick of him whining on at every opportunity. Every animal he talks about now is described as starving or endangered when it's obvious that normal environmental rules are apparent. He is now a climate nut. Just cut out his air trips for starters?

Time for him to retire? Will be getting the off button now.

I had a chap from WWF stop me today when leaving Aldi.

he wanted my bank details to save animals.

It wasn't polar bear related though.

he said "We're loosing 50 elephants a day you know"

I pointed out that they were quite large and  hard to misplace.

"NO THEY ARE DYING " he said.

I pointed out that this should help global warming due to the methane produced by an elephant each day.

Less elephants helps "climate change"

He became very vexed with me at this point.

1 hour ago, gotgcoalman said:

I had a chap from WWF stop me today when leaving Aldi.

he wanted my bank details to save animals.

It wasn't polar bear related though.

he said "We're loosing 50 elephants a day you know"

I pointed out that they were quite large and  hard to misplace.

"NO THEY ARE DYING " he said.

I pointed out that this should help global warming due to the methane produced by an elephant each day.

Less elephants helps "climate change"

He became very vexed with me at this point.

🤣 Nothing as vexed as someone saving the world 

52 minutes ago, gotgcoalman said:

He could have had my account details and sorted my overdraft details out.

How many penguins to an elephant?

I'm a murderer for not saving the elephants.

Dont worry,  buy a special bag for life, or sign a petition demanding the end of packaging for avocado pears 

Polar bears are not going or even close to extinct. They have a natural variance in population just like all animals (I think). Only humans are everlastingly increasing.. I have suggested to green people that they off themselves to give more room for the animals but none have done so. Eskimos are shooting more bears(not green people) in some areas and fewer in others, just as always. Yes there are species going extinct but as long as we are here at this population level then not much will change.