Pigeon decoying 2019

Setwings

Hi guys I share most of my videos on instagram but thought I’d share this one here .. be interested to what you guys think ! Also I don’t have Facebook at the moment but if any of you guy would be kind enough to share to the pigeon pages on there that would be awesome. 

so short on OSR locally, what little there is, is getting hammered. Gas guns are doing nothing so had to have a brief midweek go at them for the afternoon .. to try keep them off . Shot 84 from 12:30 ( due to racehorse exercise ) till 3:30 . Probably should of had a few more but they where going like the clappers on a very strong and blustery NW wind . 

won’t let me upload it due to file size 😂

it’s my last post on @tom_shooting instagram if anyone’s interested 

tom

Edited by Setwings

Well you can certainly shoot and 84 in 3 hours is some going this time of year, well done, as you say most areas are well down on rape this year so those who have pigeons in their area and have some rape to go at could see some decent bags.

Here in the West Midlands there has been an high failure rate due to the rape not getting away in August/September, this stunted growth has been more susceptible to flea beetle attack and failure, driving around, talking to seed merchants and farmers the rape in this area is down between 50%-60% due to poor conditions at sowing time and failure.

The rape in your video is well up and looks like it will grow on well in the spring, you should get a few more days on that field, good luck and thanks for posting.

On 10/12/2019 at 15:36, B725 said:

Nice video 👍not everyone on PW is on instaface and such like, maybe the odd one on Grinder 😂, put more on PW for us to see. 

😂😂 cheers I will put more on here 

On 10/12/2019 at 13:43, old'un said:

Well you can certainly shoot and 84 in 3 hours is some going this time of year, well done, as you say most areas are well down on rape this year so those who have pigeons in their area and have some rape to go at could see some decent bags.

Here in the West Midlands there has been an high failure rate due to the rape not getting away in August/September, this stunted growth has been more susceptible to flea beetle attack and failure, driving around, talking to seed merchants and farmers the rape in this area is down between 50%-60% due to poor conditions at sowing time and failure.

The rape in your video is well up and looks like it will grow on well in the spring, you should get a few more days on that field, good luck and thanks for posting.

I work for a large farming contractor in the midlands and had all the trouble you mentioned , mostly fails due to soil conditions like you say, it will be a funny year for pigeons especially with all the spring drilling that’s going to take place. 

Edited by Setwings