Predictions?

Scully

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, JohnfromUK said:

In many constituencies that is true.

Corbyn comes across as a deeply unpleasant character, humourless, boring, inflexible, pedantic, opportunistic, with a choice of VERY nasty friends (IRA, Hamas, other terrorist groups, Chavez etc.) and a deeply routed dislike of what most of us like about the UK (tradition, freedom, minimal 'nanny state', royal family, countryside and reward for merit and hard work).

Neither Corbyn or Johnson are honest or trustworthy, but I do believe Johnson basically likes British tradition and values, whereas I believe Corbyn holds them in contempt.

All true, but bribery and promises of handouts go a long way when you want people to vote for you. Also, unlike Boris, Corbyn has at least realised that it pays to look professional with his hair brushed, a clean shirt & tie and a suit that doesn't look like he's slept in it.

I really must make a passionate plea for you to vote LibDem or Labour or even Father Christmas, just not for anybody who will give you Brexit. We really need you in the EU! Who is going to help us bail out the German banks if you leave? It's only a trillion, you wont even miss the money. Come on...what happened to the nice, friendly country who was always willing to lend a hand?

Thank you in advance. The Italian people.

21 minutes ago, Westward said:

All true, but bribery and promises of handouts go a long way when you want people to vote for you. Also, unlike Boris, Corbyn has at least realised that it pays to look professional with his hair brushed, a clean shirt & tie and a suit that doesn't look like he's slept in it.

I remember last year at the Cenotaph, him wearing his second best "George" car coat in honour of our fallen, this year he looked a bit tidier, but still barely dipped his head, but then he was not vote hunting last year. The head of the labour party, his work record?Unpaid teaching of Geography (In the Bahamas i think.)

7 minutes ago, SainIT said:

I really must make a passionate plea for you to vote LibDem or Labour or even Father Christmas, just not for anybody who will give you Brexit. We really need you in the EU! Who is going to help us bail out the German banks if you leave? It's only a trillion, you wont even miss the money. Come on...what happened to the nice, friendly country who was always willing to lend a hand?

😄

3 hours ago, muncher said:

Tory landslide, the British public cant be fooled by Labour.

3 hours ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

With the addition of a massive SNP collapse!

That's what I'm hoping for, taking a day off to cast my vote because I didn't sort the postal vote.

3 hours ago, henry d said:

Cons with a tiny majority, then back to the same old same old.

That's the worry or hung parliament. 

15 minutes ago, SainIT said:

yes they need us in there to keep paying billions in to prop up the bankrupt countries , if and when we leave do you think we will be the only ones ,? or will there be an exodus ,what have Greece etc to loose by giving the EU the bird

16 minutes ago, SainIT said:

Hhhhahhahahahahh:lol:.......we love the italians..............just stay as you are ...please dont change  :lol:....dont forget between you and the greeks we are upholding the democracy that you taught us...

33 minutes ago, Westward said:

Well, Johnson does have a 'scruffy' look (which he cultivates) and have been married/partnered several times with various liaisons 'on the side'.  However he has also worked (if you can call journalism work), written several books (which are on the whole well reviewed), and is witty, intelligent, humorous, apparently 'good company'.  He is wealthy both though family and through his own earnings both as an MP and as a journalist/commentator - and is not 'ashamed' that he is wealthy.

However Corbyn is also quite scruffy (but since he has been on election watch has tried to tidy up), has been married 3 times, and has had partners 'on the side', one being Diane Abbott.  He has never 'worked' to any extent, having free-loaded through life.  He has written little or nothing, and is considered 'dull' both intellectually and as a companion (one of his interests (amazing but true) is photographing drain covers!).  He is wealthy because he has free loaded off the taxpayer (current salary £143K and all expenses paid plus a pension pot of £1.6 million) all his life and spent little - but denies his wealth - claiming he is just 'an ordinary citizen'.

33 minutes ago, sam triple said:

yes they need us in there to keep paying billions in to prop up the bankrupt countries

As members of the IMF we'll still be liable to fork over large sums for bail outs of failed states like Greece. Of course, if Corbyn and the CrackPots get in we'll be a failed state pretty soon too just like last time under Wilson/Callaghan.

3 hours ago, panoma1 said:

How any field sports supporter or their allied trades could vote for Labour is beyond me! 

Exactly,  has everyone forgot The Blair government bring in the Hunting Act in 2005. Imagine what Corbyn and his cronies will come up with, I despair. I live in the North East a labour stronghold but vote Tory .

11 minutes ago, kernel gadaffi said:

I was talking to a friend on Sunday and he has a mate who is very high up in one of the well known and advertised gambling groups, according to him, the Tory's were 2/5 to win and Corbyn's gang were 20/1.  

If this is how it goes, Ratface is going to be wiped out.

Fingers crossed 

16 minutes ago, kernel gadaffi said:

the Tory's were 2/5 to win and Corbyn's gang were 20/1.  

The question here is what is meant by 'win'?

There is very little doubt the Tories will be the largest single party (they are now, by about 55 seats more than Labour), but a majority needs technically 325 seats (there are 650 in the house, but the Speaker traditionally doesn't vote) - though with Sinn Fein not taking their seats, about 320 tips it.

For Labour to have a majority, they would have to win another 82 seats compared to the last Parliament, and that isn't really credible.

For a Tory majority, they need to gain about 27 seats - which may be possible.

The problems start when no one party has more than about 320 seats; SNP would prop up Labour, as (probably) would Lib Dems.  DUP would be very unlikely to prop up Labour, but don't want to prop up Johnson either.  So Corbyn, despite not having the largest number of seats, could command the most votes (Labour, SNP Green and some LibDems) - and so enter No 10.

He would then set about changing voting rules (allow 16 year olds, EU citizens whatever), giving away freebies all round - to get a repeat vote in a year or so with a majority.

At my age I couldn't care less to be honest, I'm just going to enjoy my final days anyway come what may.  All you young 'uns will reap what you sow BUT I have seen Corbyn from day one many years ago and he has sucked off the front tit as we say in farming circles, from the public purse as long as I have known of him. Basically a leech of the highest order and that is being very unfair on leeches.   The very frightening thing is somebody actually voted for him.

28 minutes ago, blackbird said:

Not that I care as I will not be voting but I think Labour are going to do a lot better than predicted as the younger generation are taking it more serious since many did not vote on Brexit.

Labour may do better,  if people don't care and don't vote.

43 minutes ago, Mice! said:

Labour may do better,  if people don't care and don't vote.

Seems to be the case in areas where there is no large majority. I've had loads of SNP & Tory fliers both door to door and personally addressed to each of us and as Mr and Mrs, SNP are winning by about 7 to 5/6

Twitching bums all round

It doesn't really matter if you don't care about brexit, politics, who does or says what, its mostly gumf we all know that, voting for a party because they probably won't restrict shooting seems a bit silly with all that's going on, but surely its reason enough to spend 5 mins going to vote?