Predictions?

Scully

The building is an old Chapel and the lady was sitting in the lobby not under a porch, so the way through to the polling station was an open doorway. It seems pretty borderline because she could partly see in and possibly hear things said in the polling station itself which appears to be a no no, but if anyone's at fault it would be the presiding officer for allowing it.

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, Westward said:

The building is an old Chapel and the lady was sitting in the lobby not under a porch, so the way through to the polling station was an open doorway. It seems pretty borderline because she could partly see in and possibly hear things said in the polling station itself which appears to be a no no, but if anyone's at fault it would be the presiding officer for allowing it.

44 minutes ago, Westward said:

There was huge queue at our polling station about an hour ago but just inside the door was a lady looking at voting cards and checking them off against a list. I noticed she was wearing a Labour rosette so I asked what she was doing. "Just checking off people as they come in" So I said "But you're canvassing for Labour and this is a polling station", So she added that they will ring people who haven't voted by about 7 o'clock. When I said that I couldn't believe they were allowed inside to do that she replied that "It's perfectly normal". In my 50 years or so of voting I've never seen that before. Is there any dirty trick the Marxists haven't tried?

I didn't give her my card to check off on her list and nor did the lady behind me. Let them try ringing me this evening and they'll get the facts of life explained to them.

Whether she was in or out is debatable but she was still in contravention of the guidelines by wearing a party rosette

6 hours ago, Rewulf said:

Are you poor? Have you suffered? 

Do you personally know or have relatives who can say unequivocally, that tory government has made them 'horrified' for the future? 

Or are you just reading the guardindy? 

Suffering on pw is having to buy 500 carts instead of a thousand....

40 minutes ago, JohnfromUK said:

She is allowed to wear an identifying badge stating who she represents of 'reasonable size'.  Dubious

Taken from rules for tellers - the electoral commission if her rossette had labour on it then she is breaking the rules, she can just wear a red rossette.

1.11 Tellers must not attempt to induce, influence or persuade an elector how or whether to vote. Tellers cannot promote particular candidates or political parties. Their conduct must not give rise to allegations of undue influence, e.g. discussing voting intentions, party affiliations, a candidate’s history, election campaigns, or undertaking any other activity particularly associated with one particular party or candidate. Any queries that relate to the electoral process must be directed to the Presiding Officer.

5 minutes ago, welsh1 said:

Taken from rules for tellers - the electoral commission if her rossette had labour on it then she is breaking the rules, she can just wear a red rossette.

1.11 Tellers must not attempt to induce, influence or persuade an elector how or whether to vote. Tellers cannot promote particular candidates or political parties. Their conduct must not give rise to allegations of undue influence, e.g. discussing voting intentions, party affiliations, a candidate’s history, election campaigns, or undertaking any other activity particularly associated with one particular party or candidate. Any queries that relate to the electoral process must be directed to the Presiding Officer.

Also from the guidelines;

Tellers may wear coloured rosettes or a badge of a reasonable size, as this assists electors by making it clear that they are activists and not electoral officials. The rosette/badge may display the name of a candidate and/or an emblem or description; the rosette/badge should not bear a slogan and must not be oversized.

7 minutes ago, JohnfromUK said:

Also from the guidelines;

Tellers may wear coloured rosettes or a badge of a reasonable size, as this assists electors by making it clear that they are activists and not electoral officials. The rosette/badge may display the name of a candidate and/or an emblem or description; the rosette/badge should not bear a slogan and must not be oversized.

Fair one, a bit contradictory in their advice.

Just now, ditchman said:

just come past the village hall ..5 oclock and there are cars outside and folk going in and out......................this is UNPRECEDENTED

i have my crisps and peanuts and fags to hand for 10 oclock and we have getto shepards pie for tea...........

Ok! Ok, I’ll ask....what is “ghetto Shepard’s pie”? 🤔

35 minutes ago, panoma1 said:

Ok! Ok, I’ll ask....what is “ghetto Shepard’s pie”? 🤔

around here its either called council esate shepards pie or getto shepards pie....

its when you havt alot of time for cooking and the vedge that goes into a shepards pie (unlike a cottage pie which dont ave vedge)....you fry up the ground up sheep meat....then add a bit of tomatoes sauce ...stock cube and a ti of baby carrots and a tin of processed peas and some jam....boil it up and do yer mash slam it under the grill add all the old bits of cheese you can find.....its awsome babe......

its good for clearing out the kitchen

:good:

3 minutes ago, ditchman said:

around here its either called council esate shepards pie or getto shepards pie....

its when you havt alot of time for cooking and the vedge that goes into a shepards pie (unlike a cottage pie which dont ave vedge)....you fry up the ground up sheep meat....then add a bit of tomatoes sauce ...stock cube and a ti of baby carrots and a tin of processed peas and some jam....boil it up and do yer mash slam it under the grill add all the old bits of cheese you can find.....its awsome babe......

its good for clearing out the kitchen

:good:

Ta! Ditchie, sounds delicious? Bon appetit!