Predictions?

Scully

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

19 minutes ago, Mice! said:

That's not ID though is it, so the woman mentioned earlier has a list of people who haven't yet voted, probably there names and address, what stops her phoning the labour club and having X number of people walk in and give a name and address?? I've always thought it's a poor system. 

That’s a good point. 

3 minutes ago, Mice! said:

If your voting then you have ID of some description,  not even asking for the polling card, I just don't get it.

I never got asked, had the polling card in my hand, but they didn't seem interested. 

Strange situation when a man and his wife (Eastern European?) tried to vote, and was told he couldn't. 

'But I vote last time, I vote remain' 

Not this time, she said, you aren't a UK citizen? 

2 minutes ago, oowee said:

Your on the register. That's the ID.  You cant use bank cards, driver licence or the usual stuff as some don't have it. 

The register that is open to anyone,  can you not see what I mean, everyone has something with their name on it, I'd be suspicious of someone who couldn't provide anything.

1 minute ago, Mice! said:

The register that is open to anyone,  can you not see what I mean, everyone has something with their name on it, I'd be suspicious of someone who couldn't provide anything.

You would have to set out what was acceptable. Many don't have that standard document.

1 minute ago, chrisjpainter said:

All three of ours were eaten by the dog once. We sellotaped them together and made the dog wear the remains as she waited outside the polling station to add to her shame

:lol:

1 minute ago, Mice! said:

And you've nothing else with your name on it, no chance,  I was asked for my name, street and number.  Could have been anyone.

You would have to specify what was acceptable. A letter from your mate? A picture of your mum? What would be allowable? How would it be authenticated? Not as easy as it sounds. 

6 minutes ago, oowee said:

How would it be authenticated? Not as easy as it sounds. 

Unbelievable,  last go, something with your name on it, house hold bill, bank/credit card, drivers license,  passport,  pay slip, gyro or whatever it is these days, library card, I could go on but feel I'm wasting my time. 

Surely, in the 21st Century (this day and age, as they say!) there should be, by now, a procedure that determines a voters identity.  It can't be difficult, as everyone MUST have some form of identity, be it a NI number, a driving licence (photo ID), passport, etc. Yeh, I know....not everyone drives or goes abroad.... but there is always some way of certifying the identity of people...except, that is, of those females that wear a burka!  It really is time that our Government sorted this issue out. 

I'm a bit gutted about the exit poll - I was hoping the Lib Dems would make inroads into the Labs and SNP (the bright side might be Swinson losing). However it's clear that this election has been a de facto second referendum and the answer is unequivocal to leave, so at least now it can all be done and dusted - in a year's time. 

So I'm just looking for the lighter side of the night's proceedings:
image.png.f0c36643a011a6842ff35a4bb6375c08.png

Nothing if not committed...

7 minutes ago, DoolinDalton said:

Surely, in the 21st Century (this day and age, as they say!) there should be, by now, a procedure that determines a voters identity.  It can't be difficult, as everyone MUST have some form of identity, be it a NI number, a driving licence (photo ID), passport, etc. Yeh, I know....not everyone drives or goes abroad.... but there is always some way of certifying the identity of people...except, that is, of those females that wear a burka!  It really is time that our Government sorted this issue out. 

Seems simple really doesn't it.

1 hour ago, Rewulf said:

I never got asked, had the polling card in my hand, but they didn't seem interested. 

Strange situation when a man and his wife (Eastern European?) tried to vote, and was told he couldn't. 

'But I vote last time, I vote remain' 

Not this time, she said, you aren't a UK citizen? 

Funny that. Yet we let god knows how many Irish citizens vote today, (I’m talking the Republic of Ireland as well, not NI) and they are neither U.K. or British citizen. 

How does that work? A EU country voting in our GE.

2 minutes ago, Mice! said:

Seems simple really doesn't it.

It does, but one must wonder why it hasn't been sorted.  My wife, who is from Thailand, didn't vote (but obviously has British citizenship)  as she has no interest in our politics...(at least we're less corrupt than Thai politicians) so I said I'd use her card also☺️.  She said it's addressed to Mrs DD....so I replied that I would say that  I am now non gender specific...(or whatever bull carp they spout) and this is my name (Mrs DD).  Would I have gotten away this this, i wonder?  😲 I voted at approx 9.30 this morning. The only person in front of me was a muslim lady.  When I was in the booth, I overheard her asking the electoral officer if he had a pen, to which he replied ''there's a pencil in the booth!'.  Probably the first time that this lady had voted!   Do Muslim women usually tend to vote?  We went to Durham City at approx 11.30 and I noticed that a lot of Uni students were voting ( at the church in the main square, if you're familiar with Durham) and there were even queues forming!  I overheard, as I was walking, one female student asking the other if she had read 'his manifesto'.....(JC's?) ; so it would seem that at least some students take an interest in politics...probably just to see what freebies they might gain from them!

1 minute ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

How long till Jeremy Corbyn resigns as leader of the much reduced Labour party?

What will Jo Swinson do next? As she may well not hold her seat!

Interesting times indeed.

BBC has it a 95% chance of her losing the seat to the SNP. Resignation speech, sack cloth and ashes and having to avoid a lot of Lib Dem supporters trying to call up to say, 'I TOLD YOU SO!'