Good Times!!

NatureBoy

For those who maybe interested or have read threads of me banging on about shooting (Scuse pun) and some of the successful conservation we do my way. There is a great artical  written by Richard Negus about one of the local farm /shoots i speak of in this weeks Shooting Times. Some of you have probally shot there or know of the award  winning Brewery Farm shoot the charactors the crack  and the amazing amount of conservation work that goes on there. The hard work, knowledge and real practical conservation deserves all the recognition it gets! If you read this Richard i am once again sorry for bending your ear so much at lunchtime that day! 😉 But i fink you really got and summed up how passionate we are about our way of life and conservation! 

It's great that people like Richard are on our side and also writing about whats really being done for conservation! This is just one of the farms/shoots in the area making a real difference! Just the growing numbers of turtle doves and wild grey partridge have proven that. Hopefuly more will follow!     NB 

Nice one. Keep up the good work.  Unfortunately the unwashed do not see all the advantages that shooting sports give to all wildlife.  I have some video somewhere of a patch of game cover and you could hardly put a finger on a plant without touching a bumble bee.  Sat yesterday for an hour on a feeder after tree rats and the feeder and surrounding where a buzz with a mix of small song birds enjoying the extra feed, nuthatches, goldfinches, chaffinches four specie of the tit family and of course the always present cock robin, plus woodpeckers.

This morning I was in one of my blinds waiting for tree rats and saw a slight movement at my feet and a wood mouse emerged from the leaves, skipped down to the pheasant feeder picked up a few grains and scuttled back into the leaves between my feet. Brilliant and that made my day above killing four more tree rats.

We all do our bit don't we! Good communication and cooperation! Lots of knowledge and joined up thinking. Then it's not that hard! As most of us know, a little bit of the right habitat and food/water in the right place at the right time with targeted pest control can get big results for game and all wildlife! . . . . Sadly also in news this am there's been an out break of bird flu in Mid Suffolk. Not good news for wildlife or farmers. Especially with Christmas coming up!        NB