Absolutely wonderful bit of news.

Pushkin

Hello all. I just had a phone call from an advisor from the Ministry of justice: Informing me that all bank charges levied onto my accounts over the past 20 years are all being reallocated to me in the form of a cheque:0). I told him that was absolutely wonderful as it would be quite a sum of money.  He agreed with me and said he was happy to be the one calling to tell me about this.  I reminded him that the call was being recorded and that I have to tell him that so he understands.  Silence. 30 seconds later he announced that he had forgotten to tell me he is also recording the call and asked me why I was doing so?  I asked him to confirm the name of the organisation he works for - Ministry of Justice - And does he know how much the refund is? He said yes but he has to do some further security and then he could tell me the total.  Name dob address etc  - I'm surprised he didn't ask me for my National Insurance number as well as my bank account and branch number.  TO shorten this very interesting call I asked him how much he gets paid for doing this job - duh - silence again.  That was when I told him he was full of bull and I was ending the call.

Careful out there boys and girls - this guy was quite slick apart from his Indian(?) accent that he did not try to improve on.  There was me thinking it was a quiet day too.😂😂😂

I have just had a call from benefits uk I said what you want he said just checking your details.

I said carry on first question was how old are I said if you know my name you will know how old I am silence so I put phone down to see how long before he answered after about a minute I put phone back in cradle be carful everybody 

What I find interesting with these calls is that they display their number instead of withholding it. This means that if you have the right phone you can block that specific number.

A lot of modern phones can be set to automatically block withheld numbers so perhaps that is why they do it. After a while they can simply change the number they are calling from.

Vic.

2 hours ago, B391 said:

I have had 3 attempted scam calls from HMRC saying there is warrant out for me unless I pay arrears - can I give them my bank details and then they will tell me how much if I press 1 on they keys -  er NO

Be careful peeps

Had a few of those, the message is a recorded voice which you just know the real HMRC wouldn't do.

4 minutes ago, VicW said:

What I find interesting with these calls is that they display their number instead of withholding it. This means that if you have the right phone you can block that specific number.

A lot of modern phones can be set to automatically block withheld numbers so perhaps that is why they do it. After a while they can simply change the number they are calling from.

Vic.

They now display so they look less suspicious. They also spoof numbers so when you Google it they look legit.