Xmas photo comp

Mice!

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

London Best that is a lovely old rifle. I don't know for sure but I had access to one very similar back in the early 50s which i used to reduce the numbers of house sparrows in our farm yards, which would make ornithologists shudder today.ย  Whisky is whisky in my view and my regular tipple is Morrisons Glen Stag own brand, very drinkable. Most expensive singles I do not like at all.

10 minutes ago, Walker570 said:

London Best that is a lovely old rifle. I don't know for sure but I had access to one very similar back in the early 50s which i used to reduce the numbers of house sparrows in our farm yards, which would make ornithologists shudder today.ย  Whisky is whisky in my view and my regular tipple is Morrisons Glen Stag own brand, very drinkable. Most expensive singles I do not like at all.

I have eleven pre-war BSAโ€™s, all different. Obviously, the first batch is the oldest. House Sparrows: I have one diary from the early sixties which tells me that in that year with airguns I accounted for 837 of them!

We are going to have to disagree about single malts!

1 hour ago, London Best said:

We are going to have to disagree about single malts!

Absolutely,ย  I happily spend up to ยฃ25 and buy what's on offer, I've had the winter gold, Arbelour 10 &12 years, 12 is much nicer I think.

Cant make out which Jura you've got,ย  one I had was lovely the other ok.

Did you know Booths do one half price each month?

2 minutes ago, Farmboy91 said:

I'm afraid I don't have anything fancy in the air gun department, I'm loving the little GAT at the moment though.ย 

Doesn't need to be fancy, its Christmas and fun, and you've added tinsel ๐Ÿ‘

@Mice

That particular Jura is โ€œThe Soundโ€. Not had that before. Regular tipple it Jura Origin. Dearest one in the pic is The Balvenie Portwood 21 yrย old. Was a pressie from ย my (now ex) employer. Only 140 quid a bottle!!! I do same as you, whatโ€™s on offer for ยฃ25.

18 hours ago, London Best said:

By cooking whisky I meant the Famous Grouse blended. I havenโ€™t tried this bottle of Dalwhinnie Winterโ€™s Gold yet, but Iโ€™m sure Iโ€™ve had some before and it was ok.

I know which one you were referring too, all the laughing faces should have gave you a clue.

I've tried it and it's better than the Glenlivet founders reserve.

Think most of us whiskey drinker buy the ยฃ25.00 offer bottles.

For Christmas time the Co-Op own Highland malt is superb, lots of dried fruit and very drinkable. Like liquid Christmas cake.

Edited by figgy

22 minutes ago, figgy said:

I know which one you were referring too, all the laughing faces should have gave you a clue.

I've tried it and it's better than the Glenlivet founders reserve.

Think most of us whiskey drinker buy the ยฃ25.00 offer bottles.

For Christmas time the Co-Op own Highland malt is superb, lots of dried fruit and very drinkable. Like liquid Christmas cake.

ย 

15 minutes ago, Mice! said:

That sounds both nice and not nice at the same time?

ย 

5 minutes ago, figgy said:

Mice it is very nice, full flavoured and not heavy on the pallet.

Figgy is that from the Glen Ord Distillery?

The Co-op malt sounds right up my street, taste wise. Unfortunately, I have a problem with buying anything from them. They are an anti-shooting organisation. A shoot of which I was a member once lost over a thousand acres of good shooting when the farmer sold out to the Co-op and they stopped the shooting immediately.ย 
I have purchased NOTHING from them since.