Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Mice!

Xmas photo comp

Recommended Posts

London best that non age statement winters gold, your right oy any good for cooking with. 😝😂😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

By cooking whisky I meant the Famous Grouse blended. I haven’t tried this bottle of Dalwhinnie Winter’s Gold yet, but I’m sure I’ve had some before and it was ok.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

London Best that is a lovely old rifle. I don't know for sure but I had access to one very similar back in the early 50s which i used to reduce the numbers of house sparrows in our farm yards, which would make ornithologists shudder today.  Whisky is whisky in my view and my regular tipple is Morrisons Glen Stag own brand, very drinkable. Most expensive singles I do not like at all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Walker570 said:

London Best that is a lovely old rifle. I don't know for sure but I had access to one very similar back in the early 50s which i used to reduce the numbers of house sparrows in our farm yards, which would make ornithologists shudder today.  Whisky is whisky in my view and my regular tipple is Morrisons Glen Stag own brand, very drinkable. Most expensive singles I do not like at all.

I have eleven pre-war BSA’s, all different. Obviously, the first batch is the oldest. House Sparrows: I have one diary from the early sixties which tells me that in that year with airguns I accounted for 837 of them!

We are going to have to disagree about single malts!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Farmboy91 said:

Fairy? 

What fairy? 

IMG-20191217-WA0003.jpg

An old gat with tinsel, welcome to the party Farmboy

 

Edited by Mice!
Doubled up?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Mice! said:

An old gat with tinsel, welcome to the party Farmboy

I'm afraid I don't have anything fancy in the air gun department, I'm loving the little GAT at the moment though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, London Best said:

We are going to have to disagree about single malts!

Absolutely,  I happily spend up to £25 and buy what's on offer, I've had the winter gold, Arbelour 10 &12 years, 12 is much nicer I think.

Cant make out which Jura you've got,  one I had was lovely the other ok.

Did you know Booths do one half price each month?

2 minutes ago, Farmboy91 said:

I'm afraid I don't have anything fancy in the air gun department, I'm loving the little GAT at the moment though. 

Doesn't need to be fancy, its Christmas and fun, and you've added tinsel 👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Mice! said:

 

Doesn't need to be fancy, its Christmas and fun, and you've added tinsel 👍

I have got a couple others a Diana model 22, an smk underlever and a weihrauch 25l that I cut down for my lad, I'll try and find something inventive to do with those lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Mice

That particular Jura is “The Sound”. Not had that before. Regular tipple it Jura Origin. Dearest one in the pic is The Balvenie Portwood 21 yr old. Was a pressie from  my (now ex) employer. Only 140 quid a bottle!!! I do same as you, what’s on offer for £25.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, London Best said:

By cooking whisky I meant the Famous Grouse blended. I haven’t tried this bottle of Dalwhinnie Winter’s Gold yet, but I’m sure I’ve had some before and it was ok.

I know which one you were referring too, all the laughing faces should have gave you a clue.

I've tried it and it's better than the Glenlivet founders reserve.

Think most of us whiskey drinker buy the £25.00 offer bottles.

For Christmas time the Co-Op own Highland malt is superb, lots of dried fruit and very drinkable. Like liquid Christmas cake.

Edited by figgy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, figgy said:

For Christmas time the Co-Op own Highland malt is superb, lots of dried fruit and very drinkable. Like liquid Christmas cake.

That sounds both nice and not nice at the same time?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, figgy said:

I know which one you were referring too, all the laughing faces should have gave you a clue.

I've tried it and it's better than the Glenlivet founders reserve.

Think most of us whiskey drinker buy the £25.00 offer bottles.

For Christmas time the Co-Op own Highland malt is superb, lots of dried fruit and very drinkable. Like liquid Christmas cake.

 

15 minutes ago, Mice! said:

That sounds both nice and not nice at the same time?

 

5 minutes ago, figgy said:

Mice it is very nice, full flavoured and not heavy on the pallet.

Figgy is that from the Glen Ord Distillery?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Figgy is that from the Glen Ord Distillery?

You owe us a picture now😊

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Co-op malt sounds right up my street, taste wise. Unfortunately, I have a problem with buying anything from them. They are an anti-shooting organisation. A shoot of which I was a member once lost over a thousand acres of good shooting when the farmer sold out to the Co-op and they stopped the shooting immediately. 
I have purchased NOTHING from them since.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here is the box front for info.

 

Screenshot_20191218-134251.jpg

The rear of the box, don't say who makes it but plenty of guesses online.

Screenshot_20191218-134241.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A1252F92-DA0E-4DB6-9711-4058D3C9D087.jpeg.e5cd3e7c487f193b4bb723c5c8da17d0.jpegBack on topic! 
Little and Large. Both from 1913. A BSA 45 1/2 inch .22 Sporting and a BSA 34 1/2 inch Juvenile. 10165AAB-6AC1-4974-BEB1-B79A20F4A1EE.jpeg.a360aa68fcaef907feeda765739a0211.jpeg

Edited by London Best

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Very good!

You left a tiny tell tale bit of blood on it’s nose.......or is it supposed to be related to Rudolph?

Edited by London Best

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Figgy the labelling is almost exactly the same.

Could well be as you suspect.

Some good pics gents, the squirrel under mistletoe is funny.

Edited by figgy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...