28g reloading

I am looking to start reloading for 28gauge and wondered if there are any do and don’t I should be looking out for regarding getting the correct kit together to make a start. I would need to be able to reload a few hundred cartridges in a reasonable time so what’s the recommended equipment to carry this out.

I would predominantly be using fibre wad

Cheers

I'm using a PW 375 to reload for my 28ga and the reloads it produces are brilliant. Have a Mec Sizemaster for reloading my .410 and, whilst a very good machine, not having the full sizing collar that the PW has means that the case plastic isn't being resized after they have been swelled by the fibre wad. I'm probably going to sell the sizemaster and buy the tooling to reload .410 on my 375. 

It's not the fastest of machines but the quality and consistentency of the shells it produces are brilliant. 

I only use single stage machines myself so can't comment on any of the progressive machines. 

👍🏻 

11 hours ago, Spower said:

I'm using a PW 375 to reload for my 28ga and the reloads it produces are brilliant. Have a Mec Sizemaster for reloading my .410 and, whilst a very good machine, not having the full sizing collar that the PW has means that the case plastic isn't being resized after they have been swelled by the fibre wad. I'm probably going to sell the sizemaster and buy the tooling to reload .410 on my 375. 

It's not the fastest of machines but the quality and consistentency of the shells it produces are brilliant. 

I only use single stage machines myself so can't comment on any of the progressive machines. 

👍🏻

Have watched a couple of u-tube video’s and I like the operation of the Ponsness Warren, think that is the one for me....just got to find someone who has one they want to sell ;)

12 hours ago, Spower said:

👍🏻

If you can find one and afford one buy a 375.  I used one many moons ago in the 70s to load 12 gauge for our force clay team practise and it produced shells equal to any factory.

25 minutes ago, Walker570 said:

If you can find one and afford one buy a 375.  I used one many moons ago in the 70s to load 12 gauge for our force clay team practise and it produced shells equal to any factory.

Yes that’s the one I was watching the 375/375C, operation seems simple just need to set it up correctly 

32 minutes ago, Walker570 said:

Yes I was very fortunate to get one at a great price from a good reloading friend, it is rather rare they come up second hand unfortunately. 

5 minutes ago, keithkilvo1 said:

Yes that’s the one I was watching the 375/375C, operation seems simple just need to set it up correctly 

Yeah a little more tricky to get set up but once done it puts out exceptional finished shells time after time. 

Put a wanted ad out on here and keep trawling ebay and the likes and one might come up 🤞🏻

i would recomend goin on ebay.com,and source one from usa,ive had 2 mec 600 from there for less than i can buy here,dont no of pricing for pw machines,but mec 600 sell for about £150 here,mine cost £85 and £88 delivered from usa.might be worth your while watching sales there.