CLIMATE CHANGE WARRIOR AM I.

decoyman

3 minutes ago, decoyman said:

Done my bit for climate change and bought 3.2 litre automatic Shogun. 

Plenty of room for Greta in the boot.

Whoopee.

Good lad! 👍 I’m currently sat outside in my 110; it’s quietly (😀) ticking over to keep me warm whilst I listen to the radio and have a brew, and post on here....it’s the only place I can get 4G.

Incidentally, have just heard a condemnation of the diesel 4x4 on R2; ok for the urban based population but no none as yet has explained what I’m supposed to use for work. 🙂

Love the shogun and being an auto...Im looking for a Landcruiser Amazon as its the biggest car i can find,  photo is my Colorado taken yesterday, A dear lady in a discovery decided that going down a steep hill with hairpin bends that 45mph was the correct speed but her car failed to corner in an inch of fresh hail, i swerved to avoid a head on and as you can see she totalled mine and hers as she went offroading for the first time in her life.. note if i had been in my small citroen van i would have been tipped over and done a few rolls down the steep bank

974846504_thumbnail(12).jpg.7c18172e5ad5570493ffc1403270ba65.jpg

This was after the gritter pushed it off the road

999071073_thumbnail(11).jpg.7552a505c604519cbd9921bfe8533a4f.jpg

12 minutes ago, Scully said:

Good lad! 👍 I’m currently sat outside in my 110; it’s quietly (😀) ticking over to keep me warm whilst I listen to the radio and have a brew, and post on here....it’s the only place I can get 4G.

Incidentally, have just heard a condemnation of the diesel 4x4 on R2; ok for the urban based population but no none as yet has explained what I’m supposed to use for work. 🙂

If it's the same academic who was on R4 earlier in the week they don't know what they are talking about, they flatly stated Hybrid 4x4s are bad as well as they are longer, wider and more polluting than non SUVs. My Rav4 is definitely shorter than the Skoda Superb it replaced and has lower emissions than a Ford Focus.

Never mind news headlines produce research grants

4 minutes ago, islandgun said:

Love the shogun and being an auto...Im looking for a Landcruiser Amazon as its the biggest car i can find,  photo is my Colorado taken yesterday, A dear lady in a discovery decided that going down a steep hill with hairpin bends that 45mph was the correct speed but her car failed to corner in an inch of fresh hail, i swerved to avoid a head on and as you can see she totalled mine and hers as she went offroading for the first time in her life.. note if i had been in my small citroen van i would have been tipped over and done a few rolls down the steep bank

ouch could have been nasty

GET SOME 4X4 MAGS TO PRICE A REPLACEMENT COS WHEN A GRITTER TOTALED MY HI-CAP LANDY THE INSURANCE OFFER WAS DAFT APPROX A THIRD OF WHAT IT WOULD TAKE TO REPLACE . IN THE END THEY SETTED AT A HIGHER PRICE AS I HAD SHOWN THEM MANY ADVERTS OF SELLERS SELLING SIMILAR VEHICLES TO MINE

2 hours ago, scutt said:

GET SOME 4X4 MAGS TO PRICE A REPLACEMENT COS WHEN A GRITTER TOTALED MY HI-CAP LANDY THE INSURANCE OFFER WAS DAFT APPROX A THIRD OF WHAT IT WOULD TAKE TO REPLACE . IN THE END THEY SETTED AT A HIGHER PRICE AS I HAD SHOWN THEM MANY ADVERTS OF SELLERS SELLING SIMILAR VEHICLES TO MINE

Also if you do Facebook as there is bound to be a group for Toyota 4x4 on there, there is a Isuzu Trooper group and there always selling trucks or spares to each other also a good source of knowledge.

Mick

3 hours ago, islandgun said:

hello, GLAD YOUR OK THOUGH:good:

Edited by oldypigeonpopper

Had a disagreement with the other drivers insurance company over the cost of replacing  my surf  after it was a written  off, they gave me a brand new LWB shogun with 13 miles on the clock until we agreed it’s value, had it for 10 weeks, it went back with 3.5 k on it, bought my surf back and had it repaired myself, we were arguing over a few hundred quid, insurance bloke told me the rental of the shogun cost the other drivers  insurance company £7.5 k, so just don,t accept my offer your not happy with.  Good luck.

3 hours ago, islandgun said:

You have gritters!!? We don’t get them where I live! It’s survival of the fittest around here! 🙂

Thats a great shame, but luckily as you say, you weren’t in something smaller.

Im serious about the gritters! No gritting done here. 

5 hours ago, islandgun said:

Blimey Steve, miles of empty country roads and you find a Discovery to have an argument with, hope you are ok, did that mess your duck flight up?

Thanks for the great suggestions folks.... Stumfelter the pics were taken after i had applied filler, it was a real mess before..😄 . 

36 minutes ago, old'un said:

Blimey Steve, miles of empty country roads and you find a Discovery to have an argument with, hope you are ok, did that mess your duck flight up?

It was indeed a coincidence, lucky for her, as we slowed her up enough to stop her diving into a ravine.. one huge lesson for me is that never go out in a small vehicle  as said, we would have rolled/ be pushed down the hill............ the ducks are happy at least😉