CLIMATE CHANGE WARRIOR AM I.

decoyman

5 hours ago, islandgun said:

Thanks for the great suggestions folks.... Stumfelter the pics were taken after i had applied filler, it was a real mess before..😄 . 

It was indeed a coincidence, lucky for her, as we slowed her up enough to stop her diving into a ravine.. one huge lesson for me is that never go out in a small vehicle  as said, we would have rolled/ be pushed down the hill............ the ducks are happy at least😉

You might need a new tyre too. 

23 hours ago, islandgun said:

Love the shogun and being an auto...Im looking for a Landcruiser Amazon as its the biggest car i can find,  photo is my Colorado taken yesterday, A dear lady in a discovery decided that going down a steep hill with hairpin bends that 45mph was the correct speed but her car failed to corner in an inch of fresh hail, i swerved to avoid a head on and as you can see she totalled mine and hers as she went offroading for the first time in her life.. note if i had been in my small citroen van i would have been tipped over and done a few rolls down the steep bank

974846504_thumbnail(12).jpg.7c18172e5ad5570493ffc1403270ba65.jpg

This was after the gritter pushed it off the road

999071073_thumbnail(11).jpg.7552a505c604519cbd9921bfe8533a4f.jpg

Lucky man!

On 12/12/2019 at 11:37, decoyman said:

Done my bit for climate change and bought 3.2 litre automatic Shogun. 

Plenty of room for Greta in the boot.

Whoopee.

Preferably, bound and gagged, Greta, that is.

On 12/12/2019 at 11:37, decoyman said:

Done my bit for climate change and bought 3.2 litre automatic Shogun. 

Plenty of room for Greta in the boot.

Whoopee.

if you intend to do any towing, best get some ear plugs,

I know, I had one! virtually the same mpg as my 4.2 litre amazon, no where near as quiet

Edited by itchy trigger
phrasing

15 hours ago, islandgun said:

Would you recommend the amazon ?  I like the look of them but need to start saving

its a revelation, a pleasure to go anywhere in it, quiet even with knobbly's on, use it for shooting, towing my trailer with the quad on and just general knocking about, dash says this fill 24.2 last fill it was 21. something. was filling up on Sunday guy comes to me wanting to buy it and its a tip and filthy, guy I bought it from is a Amazon buff, he's has a tricked up one, all the Ironman bits on it, stage 3 ect, there are 5 locally  bought from him, mine came from Aberdeen previously owned by lord whoever, so I'm the 3rd owner, picked my pal up the other day going shooting so had the trailer and quad, gets a couple of hundred yards down the road turns to me astonished "its silent", he has a shogun! I've had a new shogun couldn't wait to get rid, was dead  lucky 11 months old only lost £3k 

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/12/2019 at 17:40, islandgun said:

Thanks for the great suggestions folks.... Stumfelter the pics were taken after i had applied filler, it was a real mess before..😄 . 

It was indeed a coincidence, lucky for her, as we slowed her up enough to stop her diving into a ravine.. one huge lesson for me is that never go out in a small vehicle  as said, we would have rolled/ be pushed down the hill............ the ducks are happy at least😉

Well, it's not called a "DISCOVERY" for nothing, isn't it ? 😉

Had a stupid BEEEEEEP do the same with me in his Defender last year, decided to take a bend completely covered in ice at stupid speed, in his completely undrivable truck with no traction control or ABS. Saw him side for about 5 meters straight into my /stopped/ car. The BEEEEEEEEper also never fessed up, and I lost my no claim. He's a shooter too, so much for being of 'good character' for getting an SGC.

He came to me afterward and wanted to shake my hand with "no hard feeling" -- I almost bit his head off there/then.

5 minutes ago, buze said:

Well, it's not called a "DISCOVERY" for nothing, isn't it ? 😉

Had a stupid BEEEEEEP do the same with me in his Defender last year, decided to take a bend completely covered in ice at stupid speed, in his completely undrivable truck with no traction control or ABS. Saw him side for about 5 meters straight into my /stopped/ car. The BEEEEEEEEper also never fessed up, and I lost my no claim. He's a shooter too, so much for being of 'good character' for getting an SGC.

He came to me afterward and wanted to shake my hand with "no hard feeling" -- I almost bit his head off there/then.

I'm still talking to insurers, a few days short of a month after the accident, she immediately admitted fault but the insurance company want to pay the least book price. I will loose maybe £2000 even if i could find a like for like replacement [which i cant], I am as peed off as i can get, the good news is she sent us a christmas card..:yahoo:   .................she is a rich hotelier, if it had been me, i would offer any assistance i could, to make amends

On 16/12/2019 at 10:19, Pushandpull said:

Islandgun, see my p.m.

Hi PP I havn,t replied to PM yet but will looking for advice as soon as i get some coin,  been wondering about an Amazon or perhaps a Nissan Patrol usually about half the price and half the miles !

In my case, since the car is pretty much vintage these days, the insurance wanted to write it off -- not a chance, I spent like twice the value of the car in keeping it in pristine condition, it's a bit of a 'project car'. Eventually I managed to negotiate for them NOT to write it off, and pay me "in lieu" -- note that the first quote they gave me was ridiculous, but you CAN negotiate that, I just sent them a few adverts for the same age/model car with the value I expected, and they aligned themselves.... Also, the expert first declared there wasnt anythign wrong with the chassis.

So eventually I got a check in the mail, and I had to find breakers/a workshop etc to fix the car myself. Bought some 'new' parts etc, and I manage to get the whole thing done myself, including a full respray ("budget" one, and I did the prep myself!), while still being in budget. But it was a lot of work/pain... I don't know if you have that option or if it's really completely screwed... Might be worth phoning around to see if a breaker has that sort of car...

Here's mine, after months of work restoring it. 

ptuLgdq.jpg

27 minutes ago, buze said:

In my case, since the car is pretty much vintage these days, the insurance wanted to write it off -- not a chance, I spent like twice the value of the car in keeping it in pristine condition, it's a bit of a 'project car'. Eventually I managed to negotiate for them NOT to write it off, and pay me "in lieu" -- note that the first quote they gave me was ridiculous, but you CAN negotiate that, I just sent them a few adverts for the same age/model car with the value I expected, and they aligned themselves.... Also, the expert first declared there wasnt anythign wrong with the chassis.

So eventually I got a check in the mail, and I had to find breakers/a workshop etc to fix the car myself. Bought some 'new' parts etc, and I manage to get the whole thing done myself, including a full respray ("budget" one, and I did the prep myself!), while still being in budget. But it was a lot of work/pain... I don't know if you have that option or if it's really completely screwed... Might be worth phoning around to see if a breaker has that sort of car...

Here's mine, after months of work restoring it. 

ptuLgdq.jpg

very very nice. well done on the restoring. Mine was only 22yrs old but had never failed an MOT or received advisories and was a pleasure to drive on or off road

• 3 weeks later...
12 hours ago, B725 said:

Gave it a good test in the snow then, it looks tidy. 

Cheers..It came from Bradford,  bought it unseen and got a local garage to do a service, timing belt [pre chain] and 4 new A/T tyres. did 800 odd miles after collection including nearly 3hrs in 4wd... garaged and one owner for most of its life, very pleased overall,  although as a 2.5 its not exactly quick..😄

On 08/01/2020 at 20:08, islandgun said:

I'm still talking to insurers, a few days short of a month after the accident, she immediately admitted fault but the insurance company want to pay the least book price. I will loose maybe £2000 even if i could find a like for like replacement [which i cant], I am as peed off as i can get, the good news is she sent us a christmas card..:yahoo:   .................she is a rich hotelier, if it had been me, i would offer any assistance i could, to make amends

Hi PP I havn,t replied to PM yet but will looking for advice as soon as i get some coin,  been wondering about an Amazon or perhaps a Nissan Patrol usually about half the price and half the miles !

she is a rich hotelier, if it had been me, i would offer any assistance i could, to make amends

Perhaps an in for your produce?

On 28/01/2020 at 18:41, scarecrow243 said:

i like my jeep cherokee its a 2002 limited edition 3.7 litre  v6 petrol auto  28mpg to 30mpg  as i am not heavy footed 

I had a 2007 cherokee 2.8 crd  but just do not like driving diesels like driving a transit van so I went back the the good old 4ltr petrol grand cherokee love it.

On 27/01/2020 at 19:47, islandgun said:

Just an update following the above mentioned accident Ive just collected this old wagon 1991, never needed any welding  a fantastic MOT history and a thumbs up from a reliable mechanic. and a bargain price,  coming back through the highlands today

245475121_pag2.jpg.f7d356b67a2eef9fcd3602888085a186.jpg

1064814685_thumbnail(16)(1).jpg.39b6aff3c5f8bbc5f396afe970972f5b.jpg

That is a nice looking Truck hard to find one of them that is not well rusted in the Chassis department you was lucky to find a good rust  free one.