22 pellets

stutieb

Afternoon all fancied a change and got the .22 goldstar serviced (old one not pcp) 

The guy said ditch the wasps I was using and use these air arms .great but they fall out the mag .what would people recommend that's 5.6 mm nowadays that's bit more modern (hopefully better) then the eleys? Thanks in advance 

There really arent a lot of options about .

You could try rws superdomes (good pellet ) and they tend to just fit inside the old bsa 5.6mm barrels 

There used to be a pellet called the vintage  (5.6mm ) made by pax  but they went out of business a few years ago  .

Designed for the larger bore 

IMG_20191212_134034.jpg

1 hour ago, stutieb said:

Afternoon all fancied a change and got the .22 goldstar serviced (old one not pcp) 

The guy said ditch the wasps I was using and use these air arms .great but they fall out the mag .what would people recommend that's 5.6 mm nowadays that's bit more modern (hopefully better) then the eleys? Thanks in advance 

Did you run out of wasps ? Or were they just not performing?

Was just told they were sh,te .I havent had any issues as such with them not like the air arms I was using before in my tx .dont mind sticking with them tbh just wondered what if anything is better out there .cheers .

1 hour ago, Ultrastu said:

There really arent a lot of options about .

You could try rws superdomes (good pellet ) and they tend to just fit inside the old bsa 5.6mm barrels 

There used to be a pellet called the vintage  (5.6mm ) made by pax  but they went out of business a few years ago  .

Designed for the larger bore 

IMG_20191212_134034.jpg

Cheers will look at the Superdomes and see if I can get hold of these .cheers 

Thank you guys .some times you just need to hear from others what you may know .I'll see if I can dig a few more tins of wasps out .

Thanks lads 

Will try definitely. My tx loves them compared to the aa field 

2 minutes ago, bluesj said:

H&N Field target trophy work well in my old falcon, think the might be 5.53 mm

Thank you I'll look out for em my tx loves them compared to the aa field 

I used to have a Goldstar I fully tuned in the early 90's.  Was a fantastic gun.

I did use Wasps and mosquito pellets, try accupels as a mate had a old BSA given and it liked them, your barrel might too.

Just looked online and marksmen do a 5.6mm pellet.

Edited by figgy

You may find if you take some of the aa fields. Hold the pellet head and rub (circular motion ) the skirt on the inside of the tin lid .pushing downwards .you can flair the skirt outward a touch .this should make them wider and hold in the mag a bit better .they may also shoot better being a better fit in the bore .

Ps i do this with any undersized bismag pellets .

It helps with the accuracy loads .

I use a dome head to push the skirts out, or to reshape them. 

Good top on the lid rubbing stu 👍 

I have some as diablo fields from 2009 and some from 2010 they are much softer than the newer ones. Very easy to bend the skirts when picking them out of the tin.

Edited by figgy

1 hour ago, figgy said:

I use a dome head to push the skirts out, or to reshape them. 

Good top on the lid rubbing stu 👍 

I have some as diablo fields from 2009 and some from 2010 they are much softer than the newer ones. Very easy to bend the skirts when picking them out of the tin.

Making something the shape of your probe to reshape or spread the pellet skirt would be simple enough, think I'll have a look at that next week.

19 hours ago, Mice! said:

And if anyone finds any old accupels then I want them please, my rapid loves them.

Me and my mate brought 20 tins from the shooting show @£5 a tin just because the tin was damaged, nothing wrong with the pellets it's just that they could not sell them in the shop. 

I have just had a look and I have 5 tins out of my 10 left but I will let you have 1 tin. They suit my Logun and I cannot buy them anywhere near me anymore. If I go to the shooting show in February and he's still selling them I would be happy to buy some for you. 

Just now, B725 said:

I have just had a look and I have 5 tins out of my 10 left but I will let you have 1 tin. They suit my Logun and I cannot buy them anywhere near me anymore. If I go to the shooting show in February and he's still selling them I would be happy to buy some for you. 

Very generous I'll PM you 👍

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, B725 said:

I ain't forgot just not had time, sometime this week. 

Ha ha, like I said no rush at all.

Had a plink today,  bought some old AADF 5.51 and some H&N extremes. Tge AA loaded ok unlike the H&N, didn't load smooth so didn't shoot nice. 

Then did a couple of mags of accupells,  she does like them. Only 20 mtrs.

20200104_181949.jpg.971c4badbde080266f1169a4e3cff112.jpg