Independence for Scotland

tonker

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Wee Jimmy Crankie should be told to put up and shut up, you had a vote decided to stay part of the UK. The whole of the UK had a vote on Brexit decided to leave, end of now be quiet or I'll make you sit on the naughty step.

Edited by figgy

First thing Wee Jimmy Krankie does is say we will be holding ANOTHER ONCE IN A LIFETIME  VOTE ?. Excuse me have we  no voted  and the result was to stay in the United Kingdom and leave the E U , She should do as the people who voted for her wished or pack up and sod off 

The first thing people talk about her is the vote and we will be able to leave , how long has she been in power in Scotland  coming up for 10 years ?? and the SNP are hitting none of the targets set out waiting times at hospitals, roads etc 

The Ex first minister Wee Ecks trail starts in the new   year  and she must be called as a witness she knew about him weather guilty or innocent they where as thick as thieves and shes went very quiet about him but what ever happens it will tarnish her reputation as mud sticks  and that might open a few folks eyes about her 

But i really don't know how She and the SNP gained so many seats s everybody i talk to thinks shes just a clown and wants Brettix over with and done ven longer by having another vote and wanting us to remain  by quoting only 46%  voted the last time  well the papers her are quoting less people turned out to vote than in 2017   

58 minutes ago, TRINITY said:

Serious question

Where would you draw the border ?

Derby...... Just kidding.....

At 14 for school i had a plan marked up for a major shipping canal from Solway to the Tyne thinking was that short cut into Rotterdam etc would provude a lot of work, reluve english channel, avoid going round the isles and  pay for itself eventually and provide 100m of water between countries. Geography teacher wasn't keen on it!

Saw some prof suggested it as well recently.

2 minutes ago, Stonepark said:

Derby...... Just kidding.....

At 14 for school i had a plan marked up for a major shipping canal from Solway to the Tyne thinking was that short cut into Rotterdam etc would provude a lot of work, reluve english channel, avoid going round the isles and  pay for itself eventually and provide 100m of water between countries. Geography teacher wasn't keen on it!

Saw some prof suggested it as well recently.

Was the geography teacher a jock? Lol!

5 hours ago, grrclark said:

The added complications of the UK not being in the EU will have huge implications in any future debate for Scottish independence, i have no doubt about that at all.

My gut feeling is that Sturgeon is agitating for the right to have a referendum only because she needs to be seen to do that.  In any other situation the next Scottish election would see the SNP significantly diminsihed if it were not for the fact of the underlying independence narrative that still appeals to a big percentage of the Scottish electorate.

There are still some huge questions the SNP need to answer on independence and currency is right at the top of that list ad as you suggest that questions just got a whole lot harder to answer as well.

They Wee Eck and Jimmy Krankie where going to finance independence and Currency with money from the oil industry , but then that crashed and they where asked about plan B ???

Plan B they didn't even have a Promising Plan A  

4 minutes ago, figgy said:

Wee Jimmy Crankie should be told to put up and shut up, you had a vote decided to stay part of the UK. The whole of the UK had a vote on Brexit decided to leave, end of now be quiet or I'll make you sit on the naughty step.

That just about says it all ,nice and simple with a derogatory bit of name calling thrown in. It’s not about the politicians it’s about the people and the country. If I thought it wasn’t in the best interests of the people in the country I would not vote for an independent Scotland. 

They did vote and it was stay, they also had a vote in Brexit. All this about another vote should be squashed simples.

As for name calling your right I think along with lots of others she looks and sounds like Jimmy Crankie.

Edited by figgy

5 minutes ago, Konor said:

That just about says it all ,nice and simple with a derogatory bit of name calling thrown in. It’s not about the politicians it’s about the people and the country. If I thought it wasn’t in the best interests of the people in the country I would not vote for an independent Scotland. 

My mate was round last night a big quiet nice guy , and the elections appeared on the news and even he said Jimmy Krankie that woman's just a F ing  idiot   thats the effect she has LOL 

How is it MMMMIIIISSSSSs sturgeon anyway her husband is CEO of the SNP according to the news ??.

I`m campaigning for an Independent Portsmouth. It`s an island off the coast of England with it`s own strong identity and dialect. Once granted we`ll declare war on England - and probably the Scots, and of course the French.

Before a shot is fired we`ll surrender to the English and benefit from the millions invested in a "failed state" being brought back into the democratic fold.

7 minutes ago, mudpatten said:
9 minutes ago, Bigbob said:

My mate was round last night a big quiet nice guy , and the elections appeared on the news and even he said Jimmy Krankie that woman's just a F ing  idiot   thats the effect she has LOL 

How is it MMMMIIIISSSSSs sturgeon anyway her husband is CEO of the SNP according to the news ??.

I don’t doubt she has that effect on some people and I’ve no problem with that at all ,she’s a politician and fair game for abuse if you disagree with her views but as soon as people focus on the personality instead of the issues I switch off which is a different issue.

Im not too keen on reading derogatory comments about Scots and Scotland from anyone and that includes the English though I am definitely not anti English

I don’t get the last sentence of your post

15 minutes ago, Konor said:

Im not too keen on reading derogatory comments about Scots and Scotland from anyone and that includes the English though I am definitely not anti English

Sadly and with all due respect but this appears to be a case of pot,kettle , black and I would re write it 

"I'm not too keen on reading derogatory comments about English and England from anyone and that includes the Scots though I am definitely not anti Scotish"

This applies particularly to the lowland separatists

3 minutes ago, Yellow Bear said:

Sadly and with all due respect but this appears to be a case of pot,kettle , black and I would re write it 

"I'm not too keen on reading derogatory comments about English and England from anyone and that includes the Scots though I am definitely not anti Scotish"

This applies particularly to the lowland separatists

I don’t think I have made any derogatory comments about the English and England but apologies if I have offended you.

I an not a lowland separatist in fact if there was a referendum tomorrow I’m not sure which way I would vote,it would take a lot of thinking through.

19 minutes ago, Konor said:

And I’m not anti Scot or Scotland! In fact I love being in Scotland and generally like the Scots! But think it is derogatory towards, and believe it mildly insulting to the rest of the union, that the Scottish Nationalists (not the Scottish people) are trying to manoeuvre part of the UK Union (Scotland) into separating from the union!

16 minutes ago, Konor said:

I don’t think I have made any derogatory comments about the English and England but apologies if I have offended you.

I an not a lowland separatist in fact if there was a referendum tomorrow I’m not sure which way I would vote,it would take a lot of thinking through.

The problem is simple, I love the banter during the 6 nations, I loved my time living in Scotland,  I've been back to Edinburgh 3 or 4 times and would go again next week, London couldn't care less.

We in England aren't DEMANDING we be allowed "another" vote on independence but we're being shouted at by NS and IB telling us that we have no right to deny them.

How many SNP MPs are there? For me they can't demand anything in Parliament,  they don't have the numbers. 

So it's simple, 99% of England probably couldn't care what goes on in Scotland,  until we start getting told what we have to do by SNPs

7 hours ago, Perazzishot said:

Graham, I do to think Scotland could survive and prosper being Independent just not under SNP governance.

I feel by the time they were found out in government it would be too late for anyone to resurrect our fortunes and the long term damage would be felt longer than my generation and my childrens.

The premise that every nation should be allowed self determination is basic democracy. It should not be for others living elsewhere to decide or dictate this. 
The brexit vote arguably changed the situation materially again, giving cause for the demands for another referendum, and while England votes overwhelmingly Conservative, Scotland did the opposite, adding to the diverging paths both countries are taking. 

Brexit was argued on the uk being free from being governed and bound by decisions made by politicians from other countries that the uk didn’t elect. Which is pretty much where Scotland finds itself. 

Why would England want to keep Scotland? My guess is a combination of defence (trident and air bases locations), energy supply (oil and green energy) and losing face internationally if Scotland left.

Re-locating a fleet of nuclear submarines would prove very problematic in every respect I’d imagine. 

Edited by hod

I don’t agree with change for changes sake and both pro and anti independence voters are close in numbers so inevitably the scenario is divisive and potentially destructive. I would think we have had enough of divisive politics and it is time to move forwards with Brexit and hopefully look forward to a brighter future. I think Scotland and the SNP should be focusing on working hard for Scotland and dealing with    the issues we are facing before pushing for another referendum. Wanting the best for your own country doesn’t stop you wanting the best for all your neighbouring countries.

It is interesting but there is another democratic deficit for England here. Under the Act of Union and its amendments the only country which cannot vote to leave the union is England. Just like they don't have a devolved government. (Mind you I think devolution has been more trouble than it is worth. When the devolution referendums came about I thought that there is no question t which the right answer is "We need more politicians!")

David.

energy supply (oil and green energy)

I assume you are having a laugh. Sturgeon doesn't understand maritime law. The oil fields do not belong to Scotland.

I regard the whole of the UK as one nation. Some chose to regard Ireland, Scotland or Wales as completely separate. Why?

22 minutes ago, hod said:

Re-locating a fleet of nuclear submarines would prove very problematic in every respect I’d imagine. 

I doubt it would, think of it this way, SNP continue to make noise and threats, very quick look at a map of GB and let's say Hull, Runcorn or Bristol is the new location for the Sub base, not as good but.

master stroke for Boris,  because of unrest and uncertainty in Scotland we are moving the MASSIVE sub base with its jobs to ??? Scotland loses a huge amount of income an entire area loses jobs, someone said 30,000 how good would that look to England?

Air bases are obviously different,  but they would probably just stay?

32 minutes ago, Konor said:

I don’t agree with change for changes sake and both pro and anti independence voters are close in numbers so inevitably the scenario is divisive and potentially destructive. I would think we have had enough of divisive politics and it is time to move forwards with Brexit and hopefully look forward to a brighter future. I think Scotland and the SNP should be focusing on working hard for Scotland and dealing with    the issues we are facing before pushing for another referendum. Wanting the best for your own country doesn’t stop you wanting the best for all your neighbouring countries.

Very good