Independence for Scotland

tonker

she wants to be rid of the uk governments 'constraints' and then to join a consortium where twenty plus countries will determine the 'constraints'...😕😕….are these twenty plus countries going to welcome Scotland with open arms when they see scotlands bank balance....ill probably get shot to pieces but its her loathe of the English rather than the actual act of independence that fuels.....and for the record I think Scotland is a fantastic place and the majority of folk up there are brilliant....for me its carry on with the union...atb misser  

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

its the way she looks at it.....they consider up to 1707 they were a nation ...and that has never changed......the year 1707 only brought "political union"...not a national union...so as far as she is concerned she wants to disolve the poitical union and revert back to a nation which she considers that they are and always have been.........

crazy woman.............her maths are worse than diane abbott.......anybody with half a brain can see that

Ill get my coat if I'm wrong but didn't Westminster save Scotland back in the 1690's.? Something to do with a failed ' Darien scheme' which effectively emptied Scotland's coffers. Isn't this enough to remind wee Nichola that she and her party are forever in Westminsters debt.?

51 minutes ago, Salmo9 said:

Ill get my coat if I'm wrong but didn't Westminster save Scotland back in the 1690's.? Something to do with a failed ' Darien scheme' which effectively emptied Scotland's coffers.

Only after Westminster, their agents (East India Company) and nobles/bankers did everything to make sure it failed.In the end, they did not provide any bailout but at a low rate the Scotch Shilling was linked to the English Pound.

4 hours ago, Westward said:

I think that's exactly the intention because otherwise they'd never have a chance of the EU membership they so desperately crave. And that's because Scotland would be fiscally unsustainable if they accepted their full pro rata share of the national debt and took over from Westminster all the bail out funding for the Scottish banks etc. Couple that with losing at least 750,000 UK public sector jobs that were embedded in Scotland and which would be progressively shipped south. Even if they were given a pass on all those 10s of billions it's still highly doubtful if Scotland's GDP would be sufficient or that they would have a workable credit rating in order to borrow. The SNP isn't quite as Marxist as Corbyn and Co but is still very strongly left wing, which is why they've been able to destroy Labour in Scotland, but history proves that the grab and spend method of running a country isn't sustainable long term and independence would soon bring stringent cuts to public spending. Sensible Scots know this of course and also that the family ties with Britain are a much better bet than becoming one of the serf nations in the EU like Romania. Having said that I would be quite happy to wave goodbye to Scotland but only if they picked up their fair share fiscally.

As a descendant of Scots I admire the emotional connection to Scottish culture and the sense of a unique identity, but it's also evident that the "real" Scots in the north are generally not as rampant about independence as the mongrel Scots in the central belt.

Spain will allways veto Scotlands membership, it can hardly do otherwise with it;s treatment of Basque separatists,& Scotland really kissed them off by holding onto the lady Spain wants in court over Basque independance.

2 hours ago, guzzicat said:

Spain will allways veto Scotlands membership, it can hardly do otherwise with it;s treatment of Basque separatists,& Scotland really kissed them off by holding onto the lady Spain wants in court over Basque independance.

And then you have the Catalans.

I have little interest in politics as it bores me to death! Izaak Waltons; We sit on cowslips banks; rings true with me.

A curious question though! If Scotland did become independent and had a hard border, then how would that effect shooters from England travelling North to shoot? For example I need a (Euro Pass) and a (Firearm travelling pass) to carry a gun or ammo in N.I.

And another question. When Britain comes out of the  European union does that make their Firearm Euro Pass void? And how will it effect shooters taking their guns on shooting breaks on the continent? Will it still be viable and straight forward? And how will it work for say people from Ireland or other European Country's wanting to take their firearms to Britain for sporting holidays or competitions after Brexit?Will there be new procedures?

33 minutes ago, SuperGoose75 said:

I have little interest in politics as it bores me to death! Izaak Waltons; We sit on cowslips banks; rings true with me.

A curious question though! If Scotland did become independent and had a hard border, then how would that effect shooters from England travelling North to shoot? For example I need a (Euro Pass) and a (Firearm travelling pass) to carry a gun or ammo in N.I.

And another question. When Britain comes out of the  European union does that make their Firearm Euro Pass void? And how will it effect shooters taking their guns on shooting breaks on the continent? Will it still be viable and straight forward? And how will it work for say people from Ireland or other European Country's wanting to take their firearms to Britain for sporting holidays or competitions after Brexit?Will there be new procedures?

The SNP are not interested in shooting , they will want to take some of the big estates in Scotland .  Scary times ahead , they need shutting up now . I hate them with every inch of my body , and all the things they stand for . They are deviding  a beautiful  country and it's people for what . They hate Westminster  , but when they can not sort things or do things right , oh its Westminster  fault . 

36 minutes ago, SuperGoose75 said:

It depends on the requirements of the country to be visited.  Unless we exit with no deal on the 31 January next year the European firearms pass should still be valid until the end of 2020 when there will either be a deal or not.

If we come out with no deal then you will need to apply to the host country for a permit and it all depends on their rules.  I am booked into the Eurocash shoot in France in April so watching this closely as if we have no deal at the end of January I will have to apply to France for a visitors permit.  For those who wish to visit here the same deal will apply.

There is already a requirement for English or Welsh airgun shooters to apply for a visitors permit in Scotland now.  it is mental that someone could legitimately drive across the English- Scotland border with a boot load of shotguns and a range of centre fire rifles without needing to do anything different, but the sub 12lb/ft springer could see them banged up for a firearms offence if they don't have a visitors pass!!!

5 minutes ago, grrclark said:

It depends on the requirements of the country to be visited.  Unless we exit with no deal on the 31 January next year the European firearms pass should still be valid until the end of 2020 when there will either be a deal or not.

If we come out with no deal then you will need to apply to the host country for a permit and it all depends on their rules.  I am booked into the Eurocash shoot in France in April so watching this closely as if we have no deal at the end of January I will have to apply to France for a visitors permit.  For those who wish to visit here the same deal will apply.

There is already a requirement for English or Welsh airgun shooters to apply for a visitors permit in Scotland now.  it is mental that someone could legitimately drive across the English- Scotland border with a boot load of shotguns and a range of centre fire rifles without needing to do anything different, but the sub 12lb/ft springer could see them banged up for a firearms offence if they don't have a visitors pass!!!

We are out the end of January but I understood we had until July to organise a deal and the end of the year for it to be agreed? We will be in the transition period until the end of 2020 so rights will be maintained. 

15 minutes ago, oowee said:

We are out the end of January but I understood we had until July to organise a deal and the end of the year for it to be agreed? We will be in the transition period until the end of 2020 so rights will be maintained. 

Unless the EU decide not to agree to the amendments in the deal being voted on in Parliament today, in which case we could still be out with no deal on the 31 Jan, at least as I understand it.

Madness, isn't it!!

12 minutes ago, grrclark said:

Unless the EU decide not to agree to the amendments in the deal being voted on in Parliament today, in which case we could still be out with no deal on the 31 Jan, at least as I understand it.

Let's hope they don't agree then. 

I won't hold my breath though, they will do whatever they can, for as long as they can to keep the money flowing!

50 minutes ago, grrclark said:

There is a guy on another shooting forum . He lives in Northumberland  , when he goes to one of his shoots ( air rifle )  part of his journey goes into Scotland for a mile or so then back out into England  . There is no other road I believe. 

1 hour ago, johnphilip said:

There is a guy on another shooting forum . He lives in Northumberland  , when he goes to one of his shoots ( air rifle )  part of his journey goes into Scotland for a mile or so then back out into England  . There is no other road I believe. 

Crazy isn't it that if he didn't have the right visitors ticket for that 1 mile he could face firearms offences.  If the SNP wallopers got their way for an indy Scotland in the EU, post Brexit, he would also need a green card, a driving permit and a passport.

11 hours ago, johnphilip said:

The SNP are not interested in shooting , they will want to take some of the big estates in Scotland .  Scary times ahead , they need shutting up now . I hate them with every inch of my body , and all the things they stand for . They are deviding  a beautiful  country and it's people for what . They hate Westminster  , but when they can not sort things or do things right , oh its Westminster  fault . 

Thanks for the reply. Like I said politics is not really my thing but living where I do they will no doubt have an effect on my day to day living.

Ref-The SNP and shooting, then I'd assume sporting estates and shooting/fishing in general play a big part in bringing money into the country and supporting jobs.

11 hours ago, grrclark said:

Thank you! That is exactly the information I was asking for!

There is much I still want to do in my shooting career that will involve travelling. I won't put any more as it is probably not the thread for it,and will just wait an see what obstacles present themselves when the time comes.

14 minutes ago, SuperGoose75 said:

Thank you! That is exactly the information I was asking for!

There is much I still want to do in my shooting career that will involve travelling. I won't put any more as it is probably not the thread for it,and will just wait an see what obstacles present themselves when the time comes.

Travelling with a gun is surprisingly straight forward.  Some airlines try and lift your leg however, BA being one of them!!

16 minutes ago, grrclark said:

Travelling with a gun is surprisingly straight forward.  Some airlines try and lift your leg however, BA being one of them!!

Ive never travelled with a gun before, but buy most of my cartridges over the border in N.I. I'm lucky in the that sense as to get a (Firearm travelling pass) you need to have a sponsor who lives in NI to sponsor you! 

My interest is shooting some of the famous Wildfowling firths around Scotland and English estuaries. 

I know a lot of Irish from South of the Republic don't bother with taking guns to go to Scotland and just rent guns off the guides. Not sure if much paperwork is required for this! I've heard of story's of Irish shooters getting their guns confiscated at the ferry ports for not having the required documents.

Edited by SuperGoose75

I’m not sure of the specifics of coming from NI, but if coming from Ireland then you just need an EU Firearms pass and it’s as simple as you like.

It’s easier coming from the island of Ireland to GB than the other way round.

Those from the south maybe don’t bother as airlines typically want to charge for a gun and Ryan Air don’t carry them at all, so maybe the logistics make it cheaper and easier to get a gun from the guide.

• 4 weeks later...