Independence for Scotland

tonker

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

How is it that so many Scots live outside Scotland? Answer........jobs.

I have lived, worked, fished and shot in Scotland never met anyone who wants independence. Certain level of autonomy, yes, independence, no. 

They are a valued part of the UK, as is Wales and NI........we should stay together.

2 minutes ago, **** said:

How is it that so many Scots live outside Scotland? Answer........jobs.

I have lived, worked, fished and shot in Scotland never met anyone who wants independence. Certain level of autonomy, yes, independence, no. 

They are a valued part of the UK, as is Wales and NI........we should stay together.

Huge tracts of Scotland are virtually empty, hundreds and hundreds of square miles of beautiful scenery but empty. Virtually no people, no sheep (any more) and the ground can't support crops.

Independence? its just not possible, its a pipe dream 

The SNP was created in the 1950s to campaign for independence; a sort of early template for UKIP and, like UKIP, it's a 1 trick pony. What wee Crankie doesn't get (or doesn't want get) is that the SNP gets lots of additional votes because it's left wing experiments enable it to commandeer votes that used to go to Labour,  but it doesn't mean that most Scots want independence.

Edited by Westward

5 minutes ago, Vince Green said:

... Virtually no people, no sheep (any more) and the ground can't support crops...

Really? Not what I've seen over nearly 30 years!

3 minutes ago, Westward said:

The SNP was created in the 1950s to campaign for independence; a sort or early template for UKIP and, like UKIP, it's a 1 trick pony. What wee Crankie doesn't get (or doesn't want get) is that the SNP gets lots of additional votes because it's left wing experiments enable it to commandeer votes that used to go to Labour,  but it doesn't mean that most Scots want independence.

Agreed, but like a lot of "Brits" (rUK?) they don't want some foreign parliament dictating what they have to do. 

10 minutes ago, Vince Green said:

Huge tracts of Scotland are virtually empty, hundreds and hundreds of square miles of beautiful scenery but empty. Virtually no people, no sheep (any more) and the ground can't support crops.

Independence? its just not possible, its a pipe dream 

it has been said the sturgeon wants to return the empty tracts of land back to the people of scotland for crofting...........

7 minutes ago, henry d said:

Agreed, but like a lot of "Brits" (rUK?) they don't want some foreign parliament dictating what they have to do. 

A foreign parliament ?

They have representatives there, many 'English' MPs have deep Scottish roots, besides the fact that they virtually govern themselves with their assembly ?

But then they would prefer to be governed from Brussels ?
Yeah , that makes perfect sense  :hmm:

6 minutes ago, henry d said:

An elected parliament in Westminster comprising many Scottish MPs and a recent government dominated by Scots, including the Prime Minister,  is hardly comparable with an unelected bureaucracy made up of numerous nationalities and based in a foreign country.

57 minutes ago, ditchman said:

it has been said the sturgeon wants to return the empty tracts of land back to the people of scotland for crofting...........

My cousin lives in a croft, off grid, water from a stream. Not many people are going to want to live like that. I don't know why she does. Nice for a week in the summer but the winters must be dire.

Edited by Vince Green

3 minutes ago, Vince Green said:

The thing is, and I don't say this to be provocative or offensive, virtually nobody in England could care less about Scotland. Its a non subject.

Yet in this little microcosm of Englishness the topic has managed to stretch to 10 pages of mostly the same old hackneyed nonsense and vacuous generalisations 🤔

1 minute ago, grrclark said:

Yet in this little microcosm of Englishness the topic has managed to stretch to 10 pages of mostly the same old hackneyed nonsense and vacuous generalisations 🤔

But Graham, an awful lot of your countryman and women voted for the SNP to the point that they feel they are owed another referendum.

Just now, TIGHTCHOKE said:

But Graham, an awful lot of your countryman and women voted for the SNP to the point that they feel they are owed another referendum.

Yes they did and I disagree with them, just the same as I disagree with the depressingly substantial amount of posts on this thread contributed by the hard of thinking.

we always see on the news..........fawsands of snp diseffected scots baying at westminster dancing up and down the streets... demanding the right to be free of their awful captors

yet we never see the sensible loyal..valiant...honest hard working scot taking to the streets demanding to remain part of the UK ..........why not..........

what are we to think down here.........all we have to deal with down here is the scots utter hate of westminster and all it stands for

1 hour ago, Westward said:

An elected parliament in Westminster comprising many Scottish MPs and a recent government dominated by Scots, including the Prime Minister,  is hardly comparable with an unelected bureaucracy made up of numerous nationalities and based in a foreign country.

Exactly, read through your words and look at the similarities, whip up some nationalistic fervour and aim it at a group that can be identified as a "baddy" and you have a winner. They didn't elect the Westminster govt made of different nationalities based in a foreign country.

1 hour ago, Scully said:

Really? I thought the majority voted against independence

I sure did 😁

9 minutes ago, ditchman said:

...all we have to deal with down here is the scots utter hate of westminster and all it stands for

Yes exactly