Independence for Scotland

tonker

Like I said if they don't like us, please leave and make your own way. I genuinely hope you are all better off and happy, it won't keep me awake at night. I have only dealt with the Welsh 3 times and each time it has ended poorly with items not being as stated and clearly sold with misleading information, when questioned they seemed to enjoy the fact they'd got one over on me, and I'm not talking£5 eBay items, I personally will never deal with them financially regardless if the have the unicorn item I want more than anything. But face to face I enjoy their company and sense of humour having done the Welsh 2 day enduro several times they're easy to like, but otherwise I don't deal with them, an English women I knew worked in the Welsh assembly and she said they literally hate us. She was shocked how prejudiced they were about us.

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

13 hours ago, hod said:

Self determination, which is Scotland deciding what is best for Scotland.

Do you not get pretty much that now, what else would you like to do that Westminster stops you from doing ?

13 hours ago, hod said:

The majority of Scotland is politically opposed (pretty much opposite) England. 

Really , care to clarify that ?

13 hours ago, hod said:

Also worth noting that Scottish ‘nationalism’ is unlike most (all?) others Worldwide, in that through said self determination Scotland would be more welcoming, more inclusive and less isolationist than the (main) country Scotland is looking to separate from. Want to live here? Crack on, sign up! 

Again, how does Westminster stop you from being 'more'  welcoming, do you mean you want a more relaxed attitude to immigration, more than the rest of the UK ?
That doesnt make sense, you are struggling with infrastructure now, how does more mouths to feed make you stronger ?
Also , would you be happier with a hard border between the rest of the UK and Scotland ?

13 hours ago, hod said:

I’ve also no doubt that Scotland will be Independent in my lifetime (I’m 40). For those bemoaning this fact, no matter what side of the border Or part of the world, realistically there is only the political slide to the right in England to blame - 20 to 25 years ago this would have be unrealistic. 

I see , it sounds like you personally arent really that interested in an independent Scotland , but more about giving the British government a good slapping (for whatever reason)
No doubt you like the idea of using the idea of 'free Scotland' as a cause, but continuing to be subsidised by outside parties, keeping the £, and taxing the 'rich' for oil revenue, whilst giving it the large about climate change.

A typically unrealistic lefty viewpoint.

13 hours ago, hod said:

Scotland isn’t comparable to a region of England, through history, education, legal and political backgrounds, and to say otherwise ignores the reality.... Though I can’t deny we’ve not more in common with those in the north than those in the south east of England.  

I think youre less about carrying the flag for Scotland, and more about trampling the union jack ?
Either way , you are a small minority, and will continue to be so.