pump action shotguns

mossy835

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

46 minutes ago, mossy835 said:

its the 500 A

It’s a cracking gun. They all are, both Winchester snd Mossberg. Some are more desirable than others that’s all, particularly Winchester. You won’t go wrong with any of them. 
I have a Mossberg 600. It’s the dogs danglies, but I’ve also owned several Winchester models too. 
They don’t come much better than a Model 12, but as long as they’re in good nick either will do.

Another very good one to consider is the all synthetic Remington 870. Have always regretted selling mine. 

Both Mossberg and Winchester are good shotguns, my preference with Winchester would be the earlier US built guns although the SXP does have many fans. Current Mossbergs came out top in US military trials and have always been no nonsense guns. The US Winchester’s are very slick and reliable, the Mossberg a bit clunky but also reliable. Loading the mag tube is slightly different, the Winchester has a gate which serves as a ramp to the mag tube, mossbergs have nothing as the lifter is located under the bolt, the loading process for each repays practice. If you are looking for section 2 then speed loading is probably not an issue. If looking at used guns a mossberg 500 is a better bet than a 600 simply because of the restricted takedown on the 600. The safety on most mossbergs is atop the rear of the receiver and so is ambidextrous, the Winchester is a push thru by the trigger. Used prices are probably slightly higher on the Winchester due mainly to aesthetics. If you you are looking for a section 1 then after market add ons  are more numerous for the Mossbergs 

Both will give sterling service if looked after and neither are particularly cartridge sensitive 

I do have an S2 Winchester 1200 listed on guns for sale, if interested pm me

Edited by impala59